Makarov trigger problems..

PDA

Al Thompson
June 7, 2003, 06:21 PM
Just picked up a Bulgarian Mak for chump change. (I may be the chump - LOL)

Problem is that the SA trigger pull is maybe 2.5 lbs. I'd like a heavier trigger - this one goes off way to quick for me. Any thoughts or suggestions?

TIA

Al

If you enjoyed reading about "Makarov trigger problems.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
saands
June 12, 2003, 07:11 PM
I saw the heading and I was getting ready to post a link to a "how to lighten your Makarov trigger" page ... you seem to have a unique problem ... but there are SO many causes of a heavy trigger, that I'd think you could find an easy one to tweak without any negative side effects. I'm not a smith, but the one that comes to mind is the hammer spring ... if you can get a heavier one, then it will likely cause your trigger to firm up a bit. This is, of course, assuming that the trigger is otherwise functioning safely and well. The nice thing about the heavy hammer spring solution is that it will add margin to the Mak's ability to light off anything you feed it.

Take care,
Saands

Bren
June 15, 2003, 07:17 PM
Probably the sear, it can be squared up or replaced. Bren

If you enjoyed reading about "Makarov trigger problems.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!