making upgrades to a Glock 22

PDA

goon
March 3, 2007, 12:58 PM
I would like to lighten the trigger pull on my Glock 22 to about 7 pounds and also install a heavier recoil spring to cut just a little bit of the snap out of the recoil.
I have no previous experience with Glocks.
Can anyone help me figure out what I am looking for and where to get it?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "making upgrades to a Glock 22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
briansp82593
March 3, 2007, 01:09 PM
ok go to here
http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/browse?TabID=9&Categoryid=18314&categorystring=10636***10560***9140***
and all of the parts are there

g5reality
March 3, 2007, 01:23 PM
I prefer Glockworld.com

http://www.glockworld.com/triggers.htm

mljdeckard
March 3, 2007, 02:24 PM
7 lbs? Do you have a NY trigger? I think the stock pull is 5.5.

It's been years ago, but these guys were at a gun show, they put night sights on mine no charge for labor. www.topglock.com

My favorite accessory was a Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit. Wear gloves, they spit a few sparks.

HSMITH
March 3, 2007, 06:56 PM
Stock pulls on mine have ranged from about 6 pounds to almost 9 pounds. Do an internet search for '25 cent trigger job', that will take care of the trigger to the point that lightening isn't needed at all. A Glock trigger sucks no matter what you do to it, polishing the components takes more of the 'suck' out than anything else you can do. I have done this to all of mine and they get almost smooth, good enough to shoot them in competition.

Increasing the strength of the recoil spring will take some of the snap out of the end of the recoil when the slide hits the frame, but it will also make it recoil harder overall and increase muzzle rise when shooting. Shooting the Glock competitively has shown me the stock weight is faster than a heavier spring simply due to the recoil being over faster and less muzzle rise. Going lighter is faster yet, but to do so safely requires a lighter striker spring that can cause reliability problems.

Put a good set of sights on it, polish the trigger components, add some skateboard tape to the grip so you can hang on to it and go shoot. That is my prescription for a reliable, durable, shootable Glock.

fattsgalore
March 3, 2007, 10:38 PM
They have a recoil reducing guide rod.
http://www.dpmsystems.com/en/
If you want a lighter trigger you want a lighter connector which isn't expensive. 20-25 bucks.

Arc-Lite
March 3, 2007, 11:39 PM
Go to the Glockmeister site....he has some interesting after market items, plus allot of high quality data.... does first class work as well....good man to deal with.

bestseller92
March 4, 2007, 10:02 PM
I like my G22 trigger just fine.

Ken Rainey
March 4, 2007, 10:40 PM
Yep, make sure it has the factory "5.5lb" coil trigger spring in it and if so, then just do the "25 cent" trigger job (polishing all the contact points in the trigger pull) and you should be good to go...

If you enjoyed reading about "making upgrades to a Glock 22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!