GI Mags...1911

PDA

briang2ad
March 3, 2007, 01:02 PM
I had written them off before SA corrected my feed ramp. But, last night they ccled fine with HPS, and now I notice that they present the round in a higher relationship to the chamber than the "stock SA" mag I got with the gun. I may have to start using them more - just rethinking magazines...

If you enjoyed reading about "GI Mags...1911" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mljdeckard
March 3, 2007, 02:21 PM
When my arms room in Germany switched to Berettas in '92, I grabbed a double handful of 1911 mags, because they were going to throw them away. I've tried them in various 1911s I have owned, and I always had problems. They are scattered now, I come across one every once in a while, and I make sure it stays out of the collection.

I think the 45s we had in Germany were super-loose spec and 40 years old, and would cycle with anything.

GRIZ22
March 3, 2007, 02:34 PM
There's nothing wrong with a GI magazine there is nothing wrong with. I've noticed the top round sits differently in various magazines (GI, Colt commercial, premium mgas, etc) but as long as they feed and drop free there's no reason not to use them.

Beware of cheap copies (spring not to spec, floor plates fall off, etc). You usually get what you pay for.

briang2ad
March 3, 2007, 03:55 PM
But, the "sloppy loose" arms room 45s I grew up with always SHOT WELL for me - plenty accruate and ALWAYS dependable. Of course you needed a good armorer to keep track of any problems, but there usually weren't any. (And they were busy replacing M240 extractors...)

It does seem like certain mags give you better feed angles.

If you enjoyed reading about "GI Mags...1911" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!