Holsters and dress

PDA

Fed168
January 6, 2003, 08:33 PM
A friendly reminder to all who carry.
Just got back from dinner tonight, and at the bar sat a gentleman who wore his holster but no gun. I don't know if he forgot or did not care, but don't tip your hand if you don't need to.

If you enjoyed reading about "Holsters and dress" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bainx
January 6, 2003, 08:57 PM
Good grief sounds like the guy was in a big hurry to get out the door.

Kahr carrier
January 7, 2003, 07:40 AM
Or opps he left it on the car seat.:neener:

El Tejon
January 7, 2003, 07:55 AM
Kahr, leaving on the car seat is standard operating procedure for the FBI. This guy may have been a fed.:)

triggertime
January 7, 2003, 08:10 AM
Fed168: Think about this a little. You saw a gentleman sitting at the bar wearing a holster but no gun.

Don't you think that perhaps he was a CCW holder who was simply abiding by the law outlined in statute § 14-269.3 and not just an ordinary idiot that walked out of his house without his gun? ;)

§ 14-269.3. Carrying weapons into assemblies and establishments where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed.
(a)It shall be unlawful for any person to carry any gun, rifle, or pistol into any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission thereto, or into any establishment in which alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1
misdemeanor.

KMKeller
January 7, 2003, 10:08 AM
I think Fed probably knew what was going on and his advice is valid. Anyone who looked now knows that the person carries, and that there is a weapon in his car. I typically remove the holster and the pistol, rather than just the pistol.

Further, it is illegal for the person to carry if he has imbibed at all. So technically, once he gets back to his car, he'd better take that holster off, because if he puts the pistol back in it while it's on his person, he's in violation.

DMK
January 7, 2003, 10:45 AM
Further, it is illegal for the person to carry if he has imbibed at all. So technically, once he gets back to his car, he'd better take that holster off, because if he puts the pistol back in it while it's on his person, he's in violation. He might have been sitting at the bar sipping a Coke while talking with a friend or waiting for a table.

It's sad how honest folks who abide by the stupid laws end up looking like idiots for doing so.

sm
January 7, 2003, 10:54 AM
Don't tip hand is right.
I've had to be in places, run in run out, or I don't drink but ate where alcohol served. Gun secured in vehicle, holster IWB.

Oh don't tip hand, by putting cell phone in holster, some people may be sheeple, but not everyone. Guy put GF's in holster, rings, pulls back jacket -WIDE-everyone then had him made...I did from across room.

Kentucky Rifle
January 7, 2003, 11:14 AM
When I go into the Post Office, I usually lock my belt holster in the glovebox. My holster stays on my belt. If I wanted to take them BOTH off, I'd have to get out of my pickup, stand there and take half my belt off. Talk about "brandishing"!! :)

KR

dacinokc
January 7, 2003, 01:38 PM
Oklahoma CCL statues are the same- no bars, no public buildings, no places the owner elects to bar them. The holster is OK by my understanding, but extra magazines can still be trouble.

4v50 Gary
January 7, 2003, 06:09 PM
A stealth gun still needs a holster. ;)

Fed168
January 7, 2003, 06:43 PM
Yeah, I figured the guy was doing the right thing. Problem was though, nothing was covering the holster.

PCRCCW
January 7, 2003, 09:15 PM
In UT, I can carry public places, schools, bars etc...no govt/fed buildings..post office...etc. I just cant get drunk and carry...somehow its not really at the top of my list of things to do anyway :rolleyes:
If hes showing his rig to you..even empty..and hes a CCW permit holder...he very well may have spaced his gun out somewhere. If he's a FED, he wont care either way.
What do you do when you run into a place that has a sign on the door...."please no weapons" and you dont have any other options but to carry. I ran into it recently and had to give it some thought.....mind you..this isnt a legal posting just a request.
Shoot well

dacinokc
January 7, 2003, 10:54 PM
Hey PCRCCW! In my state carrying where there is a sign like that can get you arrested, and your CCW revoked! You end up with a record, so you more than likely will never get the CCW back!
Sounds better where you are. ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Holsters and dress" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!