glock vs glock

PDA

briansp82593
March 3, 2007, 10:51 PM
ok ive narrowed down my choices more... glock 30 or a glock 36 both 45 now which one :confused: :eek: i like the 30 because of the capacity and the 36 because its slim now you make the decision...
pic is the same you cant see width

If you enjoyed reading about "glock vs glock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jlh26oo
March 3, 2007, 11:17 PM
Wow this is tough, because if you have it narrowed down to these two (very similar) options, it's going to boil down to whether the fatter grip of the 30 fits your hand, and how much more comfortable you are w/10+1 vs 6+1. The latter will be why the 30 wins this race, along w/ how the 36 doesn't work (according to the interweb).

I voted 36. The shooting contradiction that is the slimmest of all GLOCK models, yet chambered in .45acp, weighing in at under 27oz loaded, is too much to deny imo. And mines been flawless, and easily my most accurate GLOCK.

30's a winner too. 10+1 > 6+1. Plus, if you have or plan to get a 21, advantage 30: mag compatability. And I can't deny that you do read about less problems with the 30 than the 36's. I just hope you find out for yourself, instead of listening to me or anyone else on this one.

You have to get them in your hands b/f deciding.

DoubleTapDrew
March 3, 2007, 11:19 PM
Can you comfortably hold the 30? They are a bit thick for me, feels like I'm holding a dictionary. I don't like the low capacity of the 36. I'd say the 30 if you can handle the thickness but if you want to carry it, it might be a little chunky.

Geno
March 3, 2007, 11:22 PM
I have had many (about 5) G36 owners tell me that their 36s are picky with ammo, and causing the slide to not fully cycle. I have never heard of any issues whatsoever with the 30. To boot, the 30 will take the 21's magazines. That fact places it besides the XD-45ACP but in a much smaller package.

I was in this very boat. I have decided that I prefer the 30 after all of my reading, renting them, etc.

Doc2005

g5reality
March 4, 2007, 12:33 AM
Very hard decision. I pick the 30. Why? Because it holds more rounds and is not much larger than the 36 both are 6.77" long, Both are 4.76" High, width of 30 is 1.27" and 36 is 1.15". I'd rather have teh extra rounds then have a gun that is only .12" slimmer.

briansp82593
March 4, 2007, 01:06 AM
tomorrow i will see both :evil:

GRIZ22
March 4, 2007, 03:58 AM
I compared both when I was buying and for 1/8" thinner and a few rounds less I walked away with the 30. I have normal size hands but short fingers and have to wrap my hand around the grip of the 30 and just about any double stack mag gun.

Lonestar.45
March 4, 2007, 10:05 AM
About a month ago I was debating the exact same thing, G30 vs. G36. I walked away with the G36.

Why? Because it fit my hand much better. I rented and shot both, both were accurate, but the G36 felt better. It was lighter. And it carries easier. I bought it to be a dedicated CCW weapon, and the G36 fits the bill. I like to carry IWB and the G36 is much better with this method than the G30 IMHO.

As for capacity, with 6+1 I've got more available on tap than any revolver. I got comfortable carrying a 3AT and a PM9 with 6+1, so I figure, if I was okay with 7 .380's or 7 9mm's, I ought to be just fine with 7 .45's. If I really want more I'll just carry an extra mag.

GunNut
March 4, 2007, 11:41 AM
They are both great guns, you'll just have to see which one fits your hands the best.

I've owned a couple 30's and always get rid of them because they are too thick for carry.

Lone_Gunman
March 4, 2007, 11:49 AM
I agree with GunNut. I had a G30, and it was accurate and reliable. But it was terrible for a carry gun because it was so thick. To get an idea if you would like one, just stick a brick bat in your pants for a week. If that is comfortable, then you will ike the G30 just fine.

longeyes
March 4, 2007, 12:28 PM
I own both. I like both. All things considered, I prefer the 30. My 30, pushing three thousand rounds fired, has been flawless. It is a very accurate pistol, more accurate than the 36, with less recoil, and higher capacity. Yes, it's "chunky," but that chunkiness also makes it easier to shoot if a bit harder to carry. If you can only get one, get the 30.

briansp82593
March 4, 2007, 12:31 PM
doesnt the 30 have a rail? :evil:

Highpower1
March 4, 2007, 01:10 PM
I'd pick the G30, I went though this issue and the G30 was a better fit for me. If you could, rent them at the local range and fire them both. You should have your pick then.

10-Ring
March 4, 2007, 01:21 PM
I had a 36. I just never got used to my pinky hanging off the grip :scrutiny: So, in this case, I voted 30 :D

10-Ring
March 4, 2007, 01:21 PM
Double tap :o But I still voted 30 :D

Green Lantern
March 4, 2007, 01:34 PM
See which grip fits you best.

I'D pick the 30 because I'm comfy with the larger Glock frame...

...and in no small part because I read a chilling story last night of how a CCWer had to use SIX .45s (3 each) to take down TWO thugs...and he still had at least two more to deal with, but luckily they fled....!

Placement > bullet size IMO, but if I read it right, he had BOTH going for him! Both thugs took TWO shots c.o.m. before he finished them with head shots....!

Byron
March 4, 2007, 01:47 PM
I looked closley at both last fall and decided on the 30.My hands are not large but it felt good.I have not shot the 36 but my 30 is very accurate.
I use a Fobus holster and find it easy to conceal in most months. I have carred in the small of my back,shirt out, with no problem. The was mention made of the 36 not cycling correctly. I wonder if that came from a loose grip. Byron

longeyes
March 4, 2007, 03:47 PM
...and in no small part because I read a chilling story last night of how a CCWer had to use SIX .45s (3 each) to take down TWO thugs...and he still had at least two more to deal with, but luckily they fled....!

Placement > bullet size IMO, but if I read it right, he had BOTH going for him! Both thugs took TWO shots c.o.m. before he finished them with head shots....!

Okay, I'm changing my vote to the Glock 19.:D

CountGlockula
March 4, 2007, 04:48 PM
I voted for the the G30, because I like to copy Doc2005.:neener:

briansp82593
March 4, 2007, 09:50 PM
does anyone have pics? preferably side by side with the 30 - 36

jlh26oo
March 5, 2007, 12:20 AM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h180/jlh2600/newglock001.jpg

You said you were checking them both out today- apparently that fell through? Really no substitute for holding them (shooting really) in determining how much the size difference matters to you. Not me or anyone else.

I had a 36. I just never got used to my pinky hanging off the grip So, in this case, I voted 30 FYI both the 30 and 36 are of identical height (4.76" including mag), and with both your pinky has to grip the base of the mag, instead of actual grip frame. Design flaw in each imo (vs having the frame extend to the base of the mag), but they are both set up the same way in this regard.

Ken Rainey
March 5, 2007, 12:45 AM
I've had both and would rather have the G30 for less perceived recoil and the best reliability - BUT - I ended up with the G26 (9mm) for the best fit to hand and ease of shooting with extreme reliability and outstanding accuracy in a subcompact Glock. I've settled on the 1911 platform for all of my launchers of the .45 ACP caliber bullets. 9mm for the Glock (or Browning HP), .45 ACP for the 1911...that's what they were designed around and that's what they're the best with...IMHO ;)

If you will only consider the G30 or G36, I'd go for the G30...if your hand or fingers aren't too small....the G36 might feel a little better to hold but the G30 feels better to hold when firing! :)

As always YMMV....:D

briansp82593
March 5, 2007, 05:18 PM
i think i can go today but my gf still has things to do... and wants me to come ill see if she will let me stop in

briansp82593
March 5, 2007, 07:32 PM
oooooohhh man that picture doesnt do it justice that 36 was amazing in my hands the 30 is fat just like the others and thats what i was trying to escape and i did put the 36 in layaway :evil: soon soon i shall join the dark side :evil:

CountGlockula
March 5, 2007, 07:42 PM
Good choice.

What about a .45GAP? A friend had the G39 on the range and it was the same size as a G26.

Gaston is so smart.

briansp82593
March 6, 2007, 08:36 AM
they didnt have one for me to compare :(

MythBuster
March 6, 2007, 08:45 AM
Overall Glocks are some of the best and most reliable guns ever made. The exception to this rule is the 36.

Many are just fine but they are known as the one Glock model that is more likely to have functioning problems than all the others.

Ando
March 7, 2007, 02:40 AM
I've had both and would rather have the G30 for less perceived recoil and the best reliability - BUT - I ended up with the G26 (9mm) for the best fit to hand and ease of shooting with extreme reliability and outstanding accuracy in a subcompact Glock. I've settled on the 1911 platform for all of my launchers of the .45 ACP caliber bullets. 9mm for the Glock (or Browning HP), .45 ACP for the 1911...that's what they were designed around and that's what they're the best with...IMHO

I have a 30 and I agree with this. 45 does not seem to be a caliber well suited to the glock. From the lack of case head support +P ammo may not be safe. Heavy slide seems a bit unbalanced. Much muzzle flip and difficult follow up shots. Shooting the 1911 is so much more enjoyable, I don't even use this gun anymore. Are you dead set on 45? Take a serious look at the 26 and 27. 9mm is really the glocks caliber. If that is not enough then look seriously at the 40 cal 27. With a short barrel and no +p 45 ACP in the G30, a 40 cal +p G27 may be a better stopper in a smaller package.

jlh26oo
March 7, 2007, 04:09 AM
oooooohhh man that picture doesnt do it justice that 36 was amazing in my hands the 30 is fat just like the others and thats what i was trying to escape and i did put the 36 in layaway soon soon i shall join the dark side But it's only .14" slimmer- it CAN'T make a difference! Besides, didn't you notice the instruction that .45 is NOT in fact the GLOCK you seek? :neener:

Congrats, you made a fine choice. But imo you can't go wrong with ANY .45 GLOCK. Compact, slimline, fullsize, sf, gap, they're all good (don't let the interweb scare you too much- just shoot the hell out of it).

briansp82593
March 7, 2007, 07:22 AM
well which caliber do you suggest? for another :evil:

doubleg
March 7, 2007, 09:39 AM
I would stick with 9mm glocks. They don't seem to handle other cartidges as well.

dhoomonyou
March 7, 2007, 12:49 PM
I would pick the 30.

AND it is available with or without a rail.

denfoote
March 7, 2007, 11:47 PM
I had a G30, but got rid of it because it was to fat.
I got the G36 and have not looked back!!

Greg8098
March 8, 2007, 03:27 AM
G30 vs. G36,... no contest! The Glock 30 was originally designed to be a 10mm, so I'm sure it is waaaayyyy overbuilt, and that is a huge + in my book. I like to pack mine with 230gr. Gold Dot HP @ about 965 fps :what: :cool: !!! Everybody complains about how thick the 30 is. I'm not very large, but I can carry mine comfortably all day in a side pocket without an obvious print.

If you enjoyed reading about "glock vs glock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!