My new Sig P229 Elite (Photos Included)

PDA

Zen21Tao
March 4, 2007, 03:42 AM
I was out looking at guns when i came across a used "like new" P226 Equinox for $859. I tried to haggle the dealer down but he was firm on the price insisting the cheapest he could get a new one for would be $1045.

I left there and went to another place that actually had a brand new Sig P226 Equinox for $899. This owner also said his price was firm and non-negiable. I was convinced this was a good deal but decided, before commiting myself to that gun, to look at my favorite local shot.

There I found a brand new Sig P229 Elite listed for $929. I had given the owner ALOT of business so I asked him for his best offer. He went down to $875 on it for me so I bought it instead of the Equinox. What do you guys think? Should I have gone for the $899 Equinox, or was the $875 Elite a better decision?

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1219/sigelite1zt2.jpg

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/9501/sigelite3ra4.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "My new Sig P229 Elite (Photos Included)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Eightball
March 4, 2007, 03:44 AM
The Elite was a mistake. Send it to me immediately, I will reimburse you, and you can buy your Equinox.

:neener: That's a beautiful gun, functional as I'll get out, and a smokin' deal, IMO. Ya dun good.

GreenFurniture
March 4, 2007, 03:46 AM
The Elite is a nicer gun.

ugaarguy
March 4, 2007, 03:51 AM
That Elite is beautiful and I think you should keep it. 'Course it does have a 1911 looking beavertail so maybe you need a GSR to keep it company.

jlh26oo
March 4, 2007, 03:52 AM
Something about the equinox I'm not down w/

What's elite about the elite btw? Looks incredible. Congrats.

SAG0282
March 4, 2007, 03:53 AM
I much prefer the Elite guns to the Equinox......I think you made the right choice.

Dannyboy
March 4, 2007, 01:23 PM
You definitely made the right choice. I was looking at a 226 Elite yesterday and desparately wanted to take it home with me. Unfortunately, I live in NJ and I don't have a written permission slip.

LoadedDrum
March 4, 2007, 03:17 PM
You made the right choice.

Highpower1
March 4, 2007, 03:50 PM
BEAUTIFUL!!! yes you made the right deal...

loplop
March 4, 2007, 07:45 PM
I like the Elite alot. I have a 220 Carry Equinox, and it is a phenomenal pistol. A real tack-driver, even in my hands. Love that gun.

That said, I'd love to try the Elite SRT (short reset trigger) and am currently looking for a 226 Elite in 9mm.

Either is good, and if your Elite shoots like my Equinox does... You'll be one happy man.

Autolycus
March 4, 2007, 08:05 PM
What is the difference between the Elite and the Equinox? Is it just the beavertail?

Zen21Tao
March 4, 2007, 08:13 PM
The Elite has the beaver tail and a 60% shorter trigger reset. It really is great trigger. The Equinox is basically just a cool look.

BBush
March 5, 2007, 03:38 AM
The dealer and retail cost on both the Elite and Equinox is the exact same. Therefore if you are trying to decide which is a better deal, pick the one you like best because they should cost the same.

CPshooter
March 5, 2007, 03:58 AM
That Elite is the sexiest Sig ever produced IMO. I love the front serrations and the extended beavertail on the back of the grip is absolutely sexy. I don't know how it would work out, but if you could pair up a TFO front sight w/ a Heinie straight 8 rear sight AND crimson trace laser grips.. you'd have the nicest gun out there in my opinion. I'm planning to buy one as soon as i have the extra dough. I will be buying mine in a .40 and ill get a .357 barrel soon after.

You definitely made a smart choice over the Equinox.. nice gun!

noops
March 5, 2007, 05:13 PM
Elite gets my vote. As soon as I have the money, I'm gonna have to get a 229 elite myself.

1BLINDREF
March 5, 2007, 05:26 PM
Congrats on a :evil: SWEET :evil: gun!

If you enjoyed reading about "My new Sig P229 Elite (Photos Included)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!