Real World Semi-Auto Malfunctions

PDA

schmeky
March 4, 2007, 10:52 PM
We all talk about semi-autos being reliable, how reliable they are, what ammo they are reliable with, etc.

My bet is no one on this forum has ever experienced a malfunction in a real world life threatening situation with a semi-auto.

If you enjoyed reading about "Real World Semi-Auto Malfunctions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cslinger
March 4, 2007, 10:55 PM
I would guess there is a person or three on this forum who have experienced some form of malfunction during a serious social encounter.

The scary thing about guns is they are all machines that can break or malfunction at the worst possible moment be they semi or revo. This is one of the reason I clean after every shooting, I do so as much to inspect the firearm as to clean it.

Chris

cajun47
March 4, 2007, 11:02 PM
i have a ruger p89dc. it had a jam when i first got it in 1992. i have shot over 100,000(one hundred thousand rounds) through the years without any malfunctions....until a month ago at the range i had a second jam. i have since shot 1,000 more rounds without a jam.

best thing i can do is buy another one and have 2 of them incase the rare jam shows up. and keep them clean.

even before i had that 9mm i had a .357 revolver. it sat on my gun rack for a long time and i never touched it. then one night i here something outside and grabbed the revolver. i tried to cock the hammer and it wouldn't move. I COULDN'T SHOOT THE GUN IF I WANTED TO!!!!!! i threw it down and grabbed the remy 12 gauge. i meet a guy at the range who has a s&w .44 mag from is dad that didn't shoot it in years. he shot the six rounds but the gun wouldn' open.

all guns malfunction. bring two.:)

waynedm
March 4, 2007, 11:04 PM
Yeah, bring two and at least one shank. :evil:

Arc-Lite
March 4, 2007, 11:14 PM
...say schmeky, what part of the country are you in ??? you sound like a man, who REALLY wants to lose this bet, and his cash !!!!

isp2605
March 5, 2007, 12:00 AM
Use to work with a Troop who took a .25 ACP rd in the upper arm as he approached a car. He drew with his left (weak) hand. Fired one rd, believes he limp wristed it, and his 39 FTE.
Know another cop who carried a 70 Series Colt in .45 ACP. His 3rd rd nosed into the feed ramp. Have no idea why it happened as he get it to repeat again.
It happens.

schmeky
March 5, 2007, 10:38 PM
I know this has happened many times before, somewhere, but in my nearly 30years of shooting I have never heard of a first hand account of a real life jam/FTF/FTE when the chips were down.

Zak Smith
March 5, 2007, 11:29 PM
Here's just one example
http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/phase3.html

gudel
March 5, 2007, 11:34 PM
if there's a real world malfunction, and he's got the short end of the stick, i don't think that person will be here posting :p i suspect this thread will receive very little real world malfunction replies.

If you enjoyed reading about "Real World Semi-Auto Malfunctions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!