Witness Elite Stock Vs. CZ 97B

PDA

PythonFan
March 4, 2007, 10:26 PM
I have a CZ 75B stainless and love it dearly. It shoots great and fits me perfectly. I want to move up to a .45, so I went to the LGS to fondle a 97B to make sure it fit my hand. It fit great. AND, they had a satin nickel finish one as well as a two tone, both of which are very hard to find. BUT, I have also been looking at the Witness Elite Stock. I like the fact that you can get the conversion kits to go to 10mm and 38 super as well as 9mm and 40. I *think* that these kits work on the Elite Stock as well as the regular witness pistols. So what are everyones opinions? Stick with CZ (which I would prefer), or give myself the option of adding a 10mm conversion kit. CZoices...

If you enjoyed reading about "Witness Elite Stock Vs. CZ 97B" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
waynedm
March 5, 2007, 10:33 AM
Stick with CZ (which I would prefer),

+1

But the Italians make the best CZ clones out there.

boogalou
March 5, 2007, 02:39 PM
I have a Elite Stock in .45ACP and I put the question of conversion kits to Mr. Reed at https://shop.reedsammo.com/splashPage.hg

He said that the kits won't work with the Elite Match or Stock because the Elite pistols are custom fitted and have closer tolerances, so you might be better off buying a CZ97 if it fits you well. I've never owned a CZ97 but have a few CZ75B's and I would say that the Stock is better finished and has a excellent SA trigger, as it should as a semi-custom pistol, although the DA action is quite heavier then anything I own on the CZ line.

I bought mine used for a good price and would recommend them to anyone looking for a good .45 with the caveat that EAA's customer reputation is not the best.

CZForum has a section on clones if you want more info -

http://p201.ezboard.com/fczechpistols82792frm35

GuidoTorpedo
March 5, 2007, 03:03 PM
The Satin Nickel and Duo Tone 97bs are RARE. Only 60 satin nickels and 60 duo tones were made. Where do you say they are available?

PythonFan
March 5, 2007, 08:44 PM
I will tell when I decide not to buy them...
:neener:

GuidoTorpedo
March 5, 2007, 11:00 PM
I actually already ordered a Satin Nickel. :neener:

I was wondering so I could inform the czforum guys. They'll appreciate the tip as many have been searching for one for months. I, just like you, stumbled upon mine.

PythonFan
March 5, 2007, 11:21 PM
I want to go back and look at the date code. I don't think the rumor that only 60 were made is true. The gunshop guy told me they get them in all the time and have for the past few years. I don't see them on gunbroker though.

Mr Kablammo
March 5, 2007, 11:25 PM
I have not shot the Witness, so I know only one-half of the argument. But that half says get the CZ 97B. It as an accurate and sweet shooting 0.45. And if you can get two-tone, that is icing on the cake-with a cherry.

GuidoTorpedo
March 6, 2007, 12:54 PM
Info on the CZ97b RSR specials.

http://p201.ezboard.com/fczechpistols82792frm36.showMessage?topicID=1074.topic

PythonFan
March 6, 2007, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I read that about the RSR specials, but this is a new gun from a pretty big dealer of CZ's. I am not sure it is an RSR special.

Buck Nekkid
March 7, 2007, 02:07 AM
I'm not sure where your dealer is getting his information or his satin nickel 97's but here's what the President of CZ-USA sent me back in April of last year:

Dear Sir,
RSR purchased approx. 60 units of CZ 97 in satin nickel and 60 units of the dual tone CZ 97. At this stage we are not considering a bronze finish.

These were made in 2004 and for the moment we are not going to put them in production. It was a limited series and this is all that US received.

Take care
Alice Poluchova

PythonFan
March 7, 2007, 09:37 PM
Yes, I believe that, but that was 10 months ago, hence why I want to see the date stamp on this particular gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Witness Elite Stock Vs. CZ 97B" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!