XD.45 ammo question

PDA

Stauble
March 5, 2007, 04:07 PM
i just got an XD .45 and was simply wondering what the best ammo to get for it is.
i use wolf with my old com-bloc guns, and am also wondering if it is safe to use wolf ammo in the Springfield XD?

any info would be appreciated

If you enjoyed reading about "XD.45 ammo question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mpmarty
March 5, 2007, 04:11 PM
Don't use steel cased ammo. Other than that, shoot whatever you want. I'd be reluctant to use WWII corrosive GI hardball but other than that for practice Winchester White Box or whatever is cheapest. For defense there are a number of quality loads available from CorBon, Winchester, Remington and others.

Ala Dan
March 5, 2007, 05:22 PM
For practice, I use REM-UMC, Blazer Brass, MagTech, Winchester White Box,
and Fiocchi. For self D', I like Hornady's 200 grain (or 230 grain) T.A.P, Speer
200/230 grain Gold Dots, and Federal's 230 grain Hydra-Shoks. I avoid steel
cased ammo at all cost, and NO WOLF or Silver Bear junk goes down my XD's
bore~!:scrutiny: :uhoh: :D

Tezcatlipoca
March 5, 2007, 05:27 PM
I'd throw wolf at targets rather than use it in one of my guns as far as pistols go.

wally
March 5, 2007, 06:45 PM
Wolf works fine in my XD45. Ain't much of a gun if Wolf breaks it :)

--wally.

SpoonMan3
March 5, 2007, 08:21 PM
This may be a dumb question... but why are you all not shooting steel cased bullets out of your pistols? Also, what is the problem with wolf?

SoCalShooter
March 5, 2007, 08:24 PM
My HK has seen more than 1500+ rounds of wolf 45 acp and I have had no issue. Steel cased ammo can be tougher on the extractor over a long time but extractors are cheap to replace.

If you enjoyed reading about "XD.45 ammo question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!