New to the Forum - .45 upgrade/ addition

PDA

tackleberry45
March 5, 2007, 09:55 PM
I have a glock 21 and would like to know what a good upgrade path would be in a high capacity .45. I am thinking along the lines of the HK or maybe XD Springfield. Maybe the new GLock 21 SF. I have not seen enough reviews in the mags about it yet since it is so new.

If you enjoyed reading about "New to the Forum - .45 upgrade/ addition" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ugaarguy
March 5, 2007, 11:01 PM
What about your current G21 do you not like? Or, what about it are you seeking to improve with a new pistol?

The XD 45 has been out long enough that's established itself as a solid pistol. It's also leading the wave of slim-for-doublestack mag 45 ACP pistols poly pistols. I say the XD 45 is leading the wave because, despite their efforts, the HK USP 45 and the double stack poly frame 1911s never made the impact the XD 45 has.

The other pistols in this slimmer, hi-cap, poly frame, 45 ACP wave are the trimmed down G21 SF you mention, S&W M&P 45, Taurus 24/7 & 24/7 OSS 45, and FN FNP 45. In light of all these new pistols you may want to sit back and see how things play out over the next few months.

10-Ring
March 5, 2007, 11:11 PM
What aren't you liking about your G21? Me, the USP 45 is way to go...but that's just me :D

tackleberry45
March 6, 2007, 10:11 AM
I like the 21. This will be a new addition.

waynedm
March 6, 2007, 10:14 AM
HK makes the BEST polymer .45 out there. There, I said it.

GunNut
March 6, 2007, 12:15 PM
If you are comfortable with cocked and locked or really like DA/SA then the HK USP is a great gun.

If you are used to the Glock trigger system, then I would wait and get a standard rail Glock 21SF.

I just picked up another Glock 21 yesterday, and finally realize that this is the gun for me. But a 21SF is also in my future.

If you enjoyed reading about "New to the Forum - .45 upgrade/ addition" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!