Skinny on High Standard 1911?

PDA

briang2ad
March 7, 2007, 01:08 PM
Saw a Basic GI version. Nicely and solidly made and finished. Satin blue and VERY dark. Barrel fit looked good and trigger was decent. VERY solid! NEVER saw pone before - what is the skinny on these???

How is service?

If you enjoyed reading about "Skinny on High Standard 1911?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tim L
March 7, 2007, 01:21 PM
I'm pretty sure that they are made in the Philippines by Armscorp, the same company that makes the Rock Island Armory 1911, STI Spartan and possibly the Charles Daily 1911s. I've looked at one but not shot one so I don't know about function.

Tim

jaybar
March 7, 2007, 01:23 PM
These are being made for High Standard. Check out their web-site for specs. http://highstandard.com/

Golddog
March 7, 2007, 02:38 PM
Go to a 1911 website before buying. There may be much better inexpensive choices.

redactor
March 7, 2007, 05:36 PM
As far as I know, it is about the same as the Rock Island ones, and made by the same people. Inexpensive, no frills, but perfectly usable. The sights are very small and hard to use, but it is a good shooter. Throw away the magazine that comes with it.

It is a good, basic Mil-Spec M1911.

If you enjoyed reading about "Skinny on High Standard 1911?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!