Anyone see the Les Baer TR Special AR-15 in Shooting Times?

PDA

Kestrel
June 8, 2003, 08:04 PM
It looked very nice, but $2500????

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone see the Les Baer TR Special AR-15 in Shooting Times?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Quintin Likely
June 8, 2003, 08:48 PM
"Les Baer" on a gun can roughly be translated into "Get-ready-to-take-out-a-bank-loan."

I really liked the flip up front sight idea, but I think I'd rather spend my cash on a Wilson built AR if I was in the market for a rifle like that.

gun-fucious
June 9, 2003, 12:21 PM
basically they are guilding the bushmaster

KMKeller
June 9, 2003, 12:47 PM
They had one on OLN's American Shooter or whatever the show's name is. Punched .25" groups at 100 yards. Also, he CNCs his own receivers.

Steve Smith
June 9, 2003, 01:02 PM
Most everyone has figured out that the AR platform will outshoot just about all of its semi-auto competition, and a lot of the bolt world. I have no doubt that Les builds a good AR, but I'm not sure if that level of accuracy in construction is all that necessary with the platform. I'd bet that given the same setup (flat top with good scope, 52 SMKs, super light trigger, and bags) I could get the same accuracy from my $1200 custom Holliger gun. But it wouldn't be as pretty as Les' for sure.

El Tejon
June 9, 2003, 01:53 PM
Must . . . control . . . drooling.

TIMC
June 9, 2003, 02:06 PM
One Les Baer $2500

3 Bushmasters $2500

HMMMM.....

tough choice!:confused:

Quintin Likely
June 9, 2003, 09:15 PM
But it wouldn't be as pretty as Les' for sure.

Blah, the pretty part is the tight groups downrange :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone see the Les Baer TR Special AR-15 in Shooting Times?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!