AK-47 30 Rd Mag Pouches, what do you use?

PDA

.45&TKD
June 9, 2003, 03:14 AM
What do you guys use for AK-47 30 Round Mag Pouches?

Where can you get them?

If you enjoyed reading about "AK-47 30 Rd Mag Pouches, what do you use?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WonderNine
June 9, 2003, 04:46 AM
easy answer: ebay

Black Dragon
June 9, 2003, 08:19 AM
I use a Chinese 30 round AK ammo pouch for my 30 AK mags.:D

I found it at a gun show in Michigan. Every once in a while you'll see some of the suplus gear dealers with them. I paid $10 for it, it holds 5 mags. It's made of heavy canvas (green), even has Chinese writen on it (I've never found out what it said). So try the local gun shows.:p

Onslaught
June 9, 2003, 09:30 AM
If you're wanting to look "modern" rather than "authentic" with your mag pouches, then check out www.tacticaltailor.com . They've got some 2-mag AK pouches with the fastex buckle. Very nice.

BallisticTip
June 9, 2003, 09:43 AM
These work good.
link (http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?dept%5Fid=1240&sku=AKS%2D009&imgid=&mscssid=25Q59VXJ3KBS8LUD6MG4MRLKB8GC97EA)

Nightcrawler
June 9, 2003, 05:18 PM
FMCO (http://www.angelfire.com/sk/fmco/005.html#6) makes top-notch stuff.

BallisticTip
June 9, 2003, 05:26 PM
Looks like FMCO makes some nice stuff, never seen the site before. Thanks for info.

MAKOwner
June 9, 2003, 06:02 PM
I just have one of the surplus East German or whatever 4-mag pouches you see around for like 5 bux. Got mine in a deal with 4 mags for like $25. Seems to work good, sturdy construction. I've used it playing airsoft too btw, worked well enough crawling through the brush and such but it's not real handy to quickly reload since it takes a second to open the thing if you've closed it fully. Which you need to do to keep mags from falling out in between reloads.

It still works well, especially for range duty or whatever else most people casually use mag pouches for. I would like a vest setup with individual mag pouches, but I'm too cheap for the money people want for vests/LBVs, good grief...

Roadrunner
June 11, 2003, 05:29 PM
Are you looking for something to use to and from the range? I use a Sears Craftsman Tool Bag (http://www.sears.com/sr/product/summary/productsummary.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1825850187.1055366458@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccgjadciifehdhlcehgcemgdffmdflf.0&vertical=SEARS&bidsite=&pid=00940411000) to carry my AK-74 mags around. It's inexpensive and no one knows what's inside.

Sir Galahad
June 11, 2003, 10:47 PM
Galati International makes a great over-the-shoulder mag bag that holds six mags, each in its own pocket.

AK103K
June 13, 2003, 04:19 PM
These work good.
I have a couple of these "AR" AK mag pouches. I'm not real happy with them. They are really not that well made and flop around alot. The mags arent real easy to get out either.

The chest pouches that CTD sell for arond $10, are OK, but only hold one 7.62x39 mag each pouch and require adding some buckles to make them a little more user friendly. They are made well enough, and worth the money spent.

These
http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=508290&chrSuperSKU=
are much better than the "AR" type above, but only hold two mags each. For the money, you can get four pouches for what you'd spend for two of the "AR" type, so your still ahead in mag count.

I have a couple of older Blackhawk chest pouches. One holds 8 mags an 2-4 pistol mags, depending on type. The other holds up to 12 mags and assorted gear or extra ammo on strippers. They are well made and for the most part comfortable. If your planning on carrying 12 loaded mags, you had best eat your Wheaties and be in better than "computer" shape! :) Its a load to hump!

12 Volt Man
June 14, 2003, 02:15 PM
I use the East German Rain Camo pouches that hold 4 mag. They can be found on ebay or gun shows and even surplust shops. They usually price from 5 to 10 bucks

12 Volt Man
June 14, 2003, 02:17 PM
here's a pic

If you enjoyed reading about "AK-47 30 Rd Mag Pouches, what do you use?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!