How many in an arsenal?

PDA

feedthehogs
June 9, 2003, 09:42 PM
Every time the media gets a hold of a story that someone has more than two guns and more than 100 rounds of ammo they call it an arsenal or a cache of weapons.

Just how many guns and how much ammo makes up an arsenal?

If you enjoyed reading about "How many in an arsenal?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
morganm01
June 9, 2003, 10:07 PM
More than one gun , more than 6 rounds. One gun would be an arsenal if it was scary and black looking.

sig970
June 9, 2003, 10:25 PM
Can we say that anything over 1 gun and more than a 10-round mag counts?

The news crews better not come to my house. I'll be on the front page, and I have nothing compared to some of the others here.:what:

Standing Wolf
June 9, 2003, 10:32 PM
One gun and six rounds will qualify as an "arsenal" to leftist extremist so-called "journalists" if the rounds are "cop killer bullets."

JShirley
June 9, 2003, 10:36 PM
Not sure. Don't think I'll ever own one. But I can dream.

I don't even think my company's arms room is an "arsenal", and it has at least two hundred weapons.

John

Ian Sean
June 9, 2003, 10:40 PM
Depends on the Commie writing the article,

"Two Rifles Found.........Thousands of rounds of ammunition!" can mean two Red Rider BB guns and a carton of BB's.

Pilgrim
June 9, 2003, 11:03 PM
When I figured I couldn't clean all of my firearms in one evening, I decided I had an arsenal.

Pilgrim

jdege
June 9, 2003, 11:08 PM
If you're not a government, it doesn't matter how many guns you have, you'll never have an arsenal.

(An arsenal is defined as a government facility for the manufacture and storage of weapons).

You might just manage to establish an "armory". The governmental connection doesn't seem to be as strong.

P95Carry
June 9, 2003, 11:49 PM
Arsenal?? .. yeah right ... well if you have more than one gun and LOTS of ammo .. you may be in for the prize!:rolleyes:

if into double figures then hell ..... you are really arsenal material!:rolleyes: :D

blades67
June 9, 2003, 11:51 PM
If you have a Super Soaker, a Daisy Red Rider and a Ruger P89 then the media will say you had an arsenal.:rolleyes:

Tamara
June 10, 2003, 12:03 AM
One gun more than what I own is an arsenal. :D

Feanaro
June 10, 2003, 12:05 AM
One gun and fifty bullets plus a few spare parts is an arsenal. Or at least so the media says. ;)

Pocket Pistol
June 10, 2003, 12:16 AM
Most here would not worry about anyones arsenal.
They would only be envious of it :)

The Left Democratic Media WOULD consider a box of rubberbands an arsenal.:evil:

Hkmp5sd
June 10, 2003, 07:27 AM
Government's have arsenals. People have collections. ATF will even give you a license to prove you are a collector. :)

260Rem
June 10, 2003, 09:06 AM
IMO, "arsenal" is defined as the number of guns currently in the house plus 1. Always have to be on the lookout for "just one more." Mathematically expressed as n+1. :)

BTW, I don't just consider it any old collection; it's an ANTIQUE collection! :D

foghornl
June 10, 2003, 12:06 PM
If the local Nat'l Guard units come borrow weapons from you for their monthly training, well.....maybe you have an arsenal.

RustyHammer
June 10, 2003, 01:08 PM
... ALWAYS one more than I have ...

twoblink
June 10, 2003, 01:45 PM
Arsenal to me, is when the pricetag of your gun collection exceeds the price of the house you live in.

Tamara, you there yet? :D

Hkmp5sd
June 10, 2003, 03:33 PM
the pricetag of your gun collection exceeds the price of the house you live in.

I am! Of course, I've been buying guns for 25+ years and only paying for the house for 10 years. :)

Skunkabilly
June 10, 2003, 04:27 PM
Arsenal to me, is when the pricetag of your gun collection exceeds the price of the house you live in.

Blink, how would that translate to rent? I wanna know if I have an arsenal!

12.7x99mm
June 10, 2003, 04:35 PM
Enough to arm a large group of people to me is "arsenal"

Partisan Ranger
June 10, 2003, 04:36 PM
I have 300 rounds of 9mm ammo in my nightstand at home. That would qualify in Newspeak as a 'extensive cache of high-powered ammunition.'

If you enjoyed reading about "How many in an arsenal?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!