INPUT ON CHIEFS SPEC CS9

PDA

glassman
March 15, 2007, 05:13 PM
I'm looking for a reliable and concealable 9mm that will serve me well through the years. Would appreciate any feedback on the S/W chiefs special 9mm. Specifically, trigger pull, accuracy (I know, that's mostly my responsibility), pocket carry, etc.

If you enjoyed reading about "INPUT ON CHIEFS SPEC CS9" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BigPoppaPump
March 15, 2007, 08:36 PM
Hey Glassman! Buy the Chiefs special and give it to the BigPoppaPump!!

MikePGS
March 15, 2007, 08:41 PM
if you go to madogre.com he has a review of it under the weapons section.

glassman
March 16, 2007, 06:06 AM
Welcome aboard. This is a great place to read and learn. Hey, can you lend me about $700??

sig228
March 16, 2007, 07:38 AM
Was OK. Sort of bulky for a single stack and butt ugly in my opinion. DA/SA trigger. Long first pull as to be expected. Reliable and accurate = yes. Overall, was not impressed. Your money would be better spent on a compact 45. More expensive to shoot, but its a carry gun, not a plinker. Do a search on the Smith forum:

http://smith-wessonforum.com/eve/forums

Good Luck.

glassman
March 16, 2007, 06:49 PM
Mike, real interesting article on the cs9. Thanks for the link.

Jim.. also, thanks for the feedback. I went to the s/w forum but can't really do much there as they won't accept 'hotmail' as a valid address which is what I use for my e-mail.

FJC
March 22, 2007, 01:32 PM
Ditto what Jim640 said. I had one. Reliable and surprisingly accurate, but I found it chunky for carry. The grips have a wide palm swell, and at the time I had mine there were no aftermarket grips available to slim the pistol down. Ended up selling mine.

Coronach
March 22, 2007, 02:22 PM
It is your typical S&W semi-auto. It will be dead reliable, utterly servicable, accurate enough and will get the job done. It will also have a medicore DA/SA trigger, be larger than it should be, be unergonomic (unless you're one of the .00001% of the US population who is descended from Neanderthals and speaks Basque- it fits their hands fine) and generally uninspiring.

It is the Dodge Dart of the handgun world. There's not a darned thing wrong with them. But there's not a lot to really get excited about, either.

Mike

PS I'm joking about the Neanderthal thing. You don't really need to speak Basque for it to fit your hand.

PPS S&W CS9: So easy, a caveman could use it!

Diamondback
March 22, 2007, 03:02 PM
I've kept mine...I like it. It works for me. For all I know there may be better
choices, but I have never had any feeding or firing issues with the CS9...what-so-ever ! I also have no problem with the grips. However, that is something everyone should check out before they buy any gun......"if it don't fit, don't commit". :)

Ultra-reliable pistols......if the grips work for you.

- regards

ruthless
March 22, 2007, 03:32 PM
Guy's keep in mind that law enforcement personel had been using the cs9 and it's brothers for IDPA type shooting. Thats how I found out about them. I've got the 9 and 40. The 45 is kinda large. No issues at all with either one. They'll probably outlive all of us.

If you enjoyed reading about "INPUT ON CHIEFS SPEC CS9" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!