Damned if you do, damned if you dont

PDA

NIGHTWATCH
June 10, 2003, 05:41 AM
This is exactly the kind of thing I have ranted about before regarding NYC gun laws that dictate a death sentence rather than self-defense. The only people excersising their gun rights fully are the criminals. The rest of us live with a mounting fear that we may have to side against abused law in order to save the 2A. And our lives! :mad:

RANT/OFF

NEW YORK POST (http://www.nypost.com/seven/06092003/commentary/680.htm)

If you enjoyed reading about "Damned if you do, damned if you dont" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PAshooter
June 10, 2003, 08:04 AM
And Adam's sad, and obviously incorrect, belief that the police won't let them have a gun because they're Muslim shows how deep the mistrust runs among immigrants who run bodegas.

"obviously incorrect"? It shouldn't be a consideration, but is it obvious that it's not? In a city or state that doesn't trust its people with the rights that the U.S. Constitution guarantees nothing about the government's motivation is obvious to me.

It pretty simple, really - and it's not just about distrust among immigrants. I'm a U.S. born white Anglo-Saxon Protestant male and I don't trust any government that doesn't trust me... and I certainly don't trust any government that flagrantly ignores its fundamental founding document. The motivations for this kind of behavior are only "obvious" to those who can't or won't think about it - i.e. mush-brained liberal reporters and the like.

BogBabe
June 10, 2003, 08:32 AM
The situation is a disgrace. There aren't enough barfy-pukey icons to do it justice.

Thank heaven the NY Post was willing to print such an article.

If you enjoyed reading about "Damned if you do, damned if you dont" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!