Need a S&W K-Frame Hammer

PDA

boo586
June 10, 2003, 02:30 PM
Hello everyone!!

I am looking for a hammer assembly for my recently purchased Model 15 S&W K-Frame (Square butt). Does anyone have a K-frame hammer with a hammer mounted firing pin lying around that they do not want (I am willing to buy it and pay shipping)? I am thinking about replacing the original hammer with the used one which I want to remove the hammer spur on and remove the single action sear and make the gun a DAO for carry purposes. Has anyone ever done this before? HOw much would a new hammer assembly cost?

Thanks,

Boo586

If you enjoyed reading about "Need a S&W K-Frame Hammer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dfariswheel
June 10, 2003, 03:46 PM
Gun Parts Corporation sells factory new S&W hammers INCLUDING new hammers that are factory converted DA-only without the hammer spur.
It might be cheaper in the long run to simple buy one from them.

As an example, they offer a DA-only hammer for the M-66:
Smith & Wesson 66
Item No. 315810D
Hammer, Bobbed, Stainless
Retail Price: $43.60

It will need miniumal fitting, and the DA conversion is already done. It will fit your M-18.

Look through the listings for a non-plated "stainless" DA hammer.

http//:www.e-gunparts.com

dsb1829
November 6, 2012, 01:48 PM
Is 9 years too old to be relevant?

Searching for a m-66.

Looks like Numrich still list the bobbed hammer, but are out of stock. Any other ideas? Doesn't have to be SST.

chrisf8657
November 6, 2012, 02:17 PM
The S&W factory typically has a ton of parts for old guns too laying around (although the one you need always seems to be the one they dont have LOL). Might want to give them a call too.

rromeo
November 6, 2012, 04:43 PM
I have a bobbed hammer from a M10.

dsb1829
November 6, 2012, 10:32 PM
I have a bobbed hammer from a M10.
That'd do I will take this offline and send you a pm.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need a S&W K-Frame Hammer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!