Help Glock 38 or Sig p220 Carry

PDA

budlight2256
March 20, 2007, 09:51 PM
Hi, I have been a member for a while. I am going to go ahead and say I’m not new to guns *mall ninja!!***, I just want some opinions about this. I have a CCP and I am thinking about getting a new pistol. Right now I am I have a Glock 19c which is ok, but you know how 9mm is!:fire: I was looking into the Sigs for one I have never shot one and I have heard of their good reputation. Also, me and my dad have been discussing the Glock 38. Its a smaller frame, which is good because of my hand size, but has the stopping power of the .45 ACP. Me and him are interested in the gun but at the same time are scared because of the lack of reload equipment the .45 GAP. Price is a big difference also. I am asking what would be a good choice for personal protection, but also good for all around punching paper? Please consider this with money in mind. If I had blank check it would be Kimber, but that’s another story!
Thanks , Dustin

If you enjoyed reading about "Help Glock 38 or Sig p220 Carry" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
10-Ring
March 20, 2007, 10:32 PM
1st off - welcome!
2ndly - Go w/ the P220 in 45 acp. The acp is better in availability of rounds both practice & defensive, in cost & in the variety of parts, accessories and reloading stuff. Much better investment!

GunNut
March 20, 2007, 11:04 PM
Of your two choices I would have to pick the P220 Carry(this coming from a Glock guy:neener: ).

I just have no use for the GAP cartridge, so the ACP will always be the right answer in that competition.

Steve

glockman19
March 20, 2007, 11:28 PM
I am a Glock fan but would have to agree...I would have to pick the P220 Carry also.

tbtrout
March 21, 2007, 07:55 AM
SIG

jlh26oo
March 21, 2007, 08:26 AM
another GLOCKmeister who would go sig ACP over anything GAP.

loplop
March 21, 2007, 09:14 AM
Two options:

1. Buy the SIG. I have a P220 Carry and it's a fantastic pistol. Dead on accurate, totally reliable, and soft shooting for a 45. You'll also find out the P220 is better than anything Kimber makes, and want more blank checks for SIGs :evil:

2. A Glock 36. Yeah, you want a Compact, not a sub. But you're talking CCW here, and the subcompacts are easier to conceal. For me, the P220 is pushing the limit, as it's quite wide and my preferred manner of carry for large pistols (just a tad behind 3 o clock IWB) doesn't lend itself well to thick pistols. A pro here is that you'd be familiar with the manual of arms, and wouldn't have to learn a new system.

HTH

BsChoy
March 21, 2007, 01:00 PM
I am a serious glockophile and the acp is the way god and JMB intended... I would stay away from the GAP and get the 220 carry...but with the single action trigger. The reset is sweet on those and points almost as well as the glock for me. If you were to open up to another model glock, the 30 or 36 would be easier to hide than the 220 in any configuration.

CountGlockula
March 21, 2007, 01:23 PM
Welcome aboard. Because of my username, I recommend the .45GAP.
It's currently being issued to the GA police and other state police.

The biggest pluses is the frame size and .45 caliber. Gaston is a genius in creating a caliber that built around the 9mm frame. I'm looking into the subcompact Glock model 39.

The .45GAP is still a new caliber, but is beginning to get approvals from Law Enforcement.

Good luck with your decision.

Autolycus
March 21, 2007, 07:20 PM
I would look at the HK USPc .45

It holds 8+1 and is a .45 ACP.

http://www.hkpro.com/uspc.htm

You can get them for about the same price as a Sig if you look online. You can also change the trigger to the style you prefer. DA/SA, SAO, DAO

If you enjoyed reading about "Help Glock 38 or Sig p220 Carry" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!