March 20, 2007, 10:17 PM
Hello, I was recommended to this site by a member of Ted Nugent's forum. Specifically, I was recommended Tom Gresham, as the member said he is a Taurus fan, but anyone who could help would be appreciated.
I am having trouble getting the slide off to clean it. The book says to pull the slide back, remove the pin, and push the slide forward in a controlled manner and it should come off. This is exactly how I disassemble my Star .45 PD. But it won't come off. The book also recommends that you pull the trigger when moving the slide forward if it sticks. I've tried that as well, but no luck. Any idea on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for reading.
March 21, 2007, 01:00 PM
I have to pull the trigger on mine, but it still requires me to pull kinda sharply on he slide while pulling the trigger, like there's a small hang up point to get past. Just give a sharp tug when you encounter the hangup.
March 21, 2007, 02:21 PM
Clipper is right. After taking my slide off numerous times now to clean it after shooting there is no hangup, at least on mine.
March 21, 2007, 02:48 PM
1) Make sure it's unloaded, disassembly requres pulling the trigger.
2) Make sure it's unloaded, disassembly requres pulling the trigger.
3) Make sure it's unloaded, disassembly requres pulling the trigger.
(okay, I bet you get the point).
4) Lock the slide back, rotate dissassembly pin to the 6 o'clock position and pull it out (I use a paperclip to pull it).
5) Point the gun in a safe direction, grasp the slide with one hand, release the slide lock and ease it forward until you feel resistance.
6) Keeping a -slight- bit of pressure on the slide, pull the trigger (click) and then release the trigger.
7) Give the slide a firm tug forward and it should release and slide right off.
March 21, 2007, 10:23 PM
be very careful with the take down latch spring when you are reassembling. Mine broke right after I bought it. Then again it was used so it may have been abused. Other than that it was a lot of fun to shoot.
March 21, 2007, 11:59 PM
read the take down procedure in your manual very carefully and completely and you will find the answer.
November 10, 2009, 04:25 PM
i bought a pt145 at shooters a month and a half ago. the second week after using it, i too had a disassembly problem. i took it back to shooters and they said i had to send it back to the manufacturer for them to fix it. ONE MONTH later, i got it back. took it apart right there in shooters and the same thing happened. SEIZED up. told them i wanted a refund. they said no, my warranty was with taurus and not them. the damn gun is on it's way back to taurus AGAIN. taurus has lost a customer as has shooters.