Bersa Thunder .45 Ultra-Compact

PDA

dust_101
March 22, 2007, 12:48 PM
Question - anyone own this? Any thoughts on it? Reliable? Problems with X? Got a line on a used one that I can put through some paces before buying, but wanted to see what to look out for in this model. Any advice from owners (or critics) would help! Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bersa Thunder .45 Ultra-Compact" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cold dead hands
March 22, 2007, 07:25 PM
I honestly cannot tell you about the performance of Bersa's .45, but I have pawed one over quite thoroughly and it is a well made arm considering the price. Now my redemption as far this thread is concerned. I didn't buy a .45 because it is about the same size as my Para Warthog which happens to be a 10+1 shot vs. 6 or 7+1 shot, but it cost nearly double the Bersa. However, I loved the design of the Bersa so much that I purchased 13+1 shot full size .40 S&W Thunder 40.

This pistol has been fantastic except that I took the hammer mechanism apart to adjust the thumb safety because it was hard to engage. It disengaged fine, but putting it back into safe required two hands, so a punch and file work later, a gun that works just the way I want it to. Do not attempt this if you cannot handle many small parts that love to move about.

Now, as to the shooting, my gun does shoot about 1 to 2 inches low and to the right at 7 yards. Since this is my bedtime gun and not my carry gun, I do not worry about the accuracy because there no shots in my house further out than 30 feet max.

Basically, if you want that .45, go for it!

MICHAEL T
March 22, 2007, 08:52 PM
join and ask the owners

http://bersatalk.com

modifiedbrowning
March 22, 2007, 09:09 PM
No experience with the .45 but my 9mms have been excellent.
I bought a T9 UC and was so impressed that I bought a Fullsize T9 as well and then a Firestorm Mini 9 (same gun made by Bersa).
The only malfunctions I have had were when I didn't clean my Fullsize for 1k rnds and had 1 Failure to Feed. My UC malfed when I shot it underhand with my pinkie finger and the slide hit my palm cutting me nicely.
The triggers on all three of mine have very nice and smooth out nicely after some shooting.
The only down sides are that the finish on the black models isn't the greatest and the mags cost $40 to $50 and they only ship with one mag.
IMO the Bersa line is a much underappreciated firearm much like CZs use to be.
Try out that .45, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bersa Thunder .45 Ultra-Compact" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!