ATV gun Case for my AR15

PDA

pyrolater
March 22, 2007, 02:30 PM
I need a gun case I can put my AR15 in that I can mount to my ATV.

I see all kinds of them for scoped bolt actions but none for an AR

Anybody know if they make one for an AR? If so where can I get one?

If you enjoyed reading about "ATV gun Case for my AR15" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lance22
March 22, 2007, 02:45 PM
I've had the same question ... I already have a gun mount for my shotty but I was wondering if there are options for carrying the 16' collapsable on the back of the wheeler ...

Caimlas
March 22, 2007, 03:30 PM
I don't know if any are made, but I know an easy way to make one.

Get a length of PVC (I'd pick black) and an end cap for one side. Cut it to length so the barrel would sit in the end cap while the pistol grip extrudes from the end. If you get a narrow gauge PVC pipe - narrower than the depth of an AR sans magazine (in some states its illegal to have a loaded weapon on a snowmobile or ATV/4-wheeler IIRC) up to the trigger guard - then use a dremel, skillsaw or such to cut out a 2-3" groove on one side (what will be the underside when mounted) of the pipe to allow the magazine well to remain outside the pipe. (If you can drive an ATV w/ a loaded weapon, you can then slap a magazine home while its still in the scabbard.) Optionally, take some 'sleeping pad' foam and line the inside and bottom of the pipe/scabbard, and maybe some bike tube rubber around the edges of where the magwell is going to sit (rubber cement works).

The end result is pretty easy to attach using several methods. I've got a friend in NE who has these on his ATVs... I think he's got his bolted to the frame through the tube, but you could always use a mount.

If you enjoyed reading about "ATV gun Case for my AR15" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!