rock island 45

PDA

my45ri
March 22, 2007, 03:40 PM
i just purchased a 45cal 1911 from rock island armory $369.00. seems tight,looks good,handles good. BUT finish is very poor. i did a clean up when i got home and the recoil spring plug is showing bare metal already on end and from just thumb pressure during disasembly. also slide has bare metal showing like a scratch. all this is fine except i only used my fingers and a rag and oil to clean gun. is this normal wear rate for a sarco rock island gun finish? any one care to comment?

If you enjoyed reading about "rock island 45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MICHAEL T
March 22, 2007, 05:12 PM
I keep mine a week. You could have bought a Springfield for a little more. .
Rocks shoot fine but Like you I wasn't impressed with finish either.
You have a good pistol for money don't expect it to be a Colt, Springfield, Kimber . Its not.

10-Ring
March 22, 2007, 08:32 PM
How does it shoot? Honestly for the $$, you didn't buy a show piece, but if it shoots well, who cares?

FMJMIKE
March 22, 2007, 08:47 PM
My Rocks are for shooting not looking. Looks don't matter to me if the darn thing shoots well..........I haven't had any problem with the finish coming off my Rock so far. Check with RIA. They are good people.
http://wm17.inbox.com/thumbs/5_a8fdf_4872e292_tn.jpg.thumb

If you enjoyed reading about "rock island 45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!