Pachmayr or Hogue

PDA

Handyman
March 23, 2007, 06:28 AM
Which grips are better , soak up recoil better , look better , fit the hand better ? Or is it just a matter of personal preference ?

If you enjoyed reading about "Pachmayr or Hogue" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
4fingermick
March 23, 2007, 08:39 AM
I have tried both on my 586 over the years. I like the feel of both, but the Hogues are a PITA to remove. I have gone back to the Pachmyrs.

tbtrout
March 23, 2007, 09:02 AM
Depends on the gun, Hogues feel better on my Sig while Pachmayrs are my choice for my Redhawk.

gggman
March 23, 2007, 10:16 AM
Well, it depends. On my SP101, I prefer the Pachmaers, because I CCW it, and the Hogues are bigger and more rubbery, which makes them more apt to catch on clothing. The Pachs are firm and compact, so they conceal better. But the Hogues, being bigger and more rubbery makes them more comfortable for range work. So I guess it depends on your definition of "better".

Z_Infidel
March 23, 2007, 10:17 AM
The Hogue rubber grip that S&W sells on their web site that fits round butt K, L, N, and X frame guns and covers the backstrap is effective and versatile. The backstrap padding really helps absorb recoil and the grip seems very solid when installed.

GCW5
March 23, 2007, 10:40 AM
I prefur Hogue, they fit my hand better.

Michigunner
March 23, 2007, 03:13 PM
I decided to use Pachmayr for the little 642 in the front pocket, so everything could be kept small.

Today I installed Hogue rubber grips on the Ruger SP101 2 1/4 .357 Magnum to help absorb some of the recoil.

It even drops OK into my Dockers front pocket, so they are not too big.

Bill

AndyC
March 23, 2007, 04:45 PM
Whichever feels better for you on that specific handgun.

Example: CZ75, I went Pachys because they were a bit slimmer than Hogue. On a 1911, I went Hogue because they fattened-up the skinny butt a little bit; it just depends what feels best for you ;)

Scotticus
March 25, 2007, 10:46 PM
Just put Hogues on my new SP101 3" .357 and shot everything from WW 130 gr .38's to Fed 180gr cast hunting loads in .357 and everything in between. Never tried Pachmyrs on the same gun and it's not intended for CCW. BUT I definitely am pleased with the Hogues for my purposes. Even the 158 gr .357 wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

USMC Tanker
March 26, 2007, 12:56 PM
When I initially put new grips on my Beretta M9, I put a new set of Hogue finger-molded grips.

I really liked the feel and they assisted in rapid fire engagements.

I'm thinking about replacing them with the Hogue rubber panels without the finger-molds for a more consistant grip. With the finger-molds, you've really got to wrap your hands around them and the grip of the Beretta M9 is big enough as it is.

Starter52
March 26, 2007, 08:40 PM
I have Pachmayrs on nearly all of my "shooter" revolvers. I think they look better and feel better than Hogues.

Like the others said, it's really a matter of personal preference. I like Hogue grips for the Browning High Power.

rogerjames
March 27, 2007, 10:27 PM
I bought both for my Ruger SP101 .357. I have small hands and the Hogue felt too big, the finger grooves seemed too far apart. Replaced with Pachmayr Compact grip and I love it. The Pachmayr adds a little weight but the rubber is more "grippy" than the stock Ruger grip and it handles .357 loads with no problem.

GeorgiaGlocker
March 28, 2007, 06:04 PM
I have a Hogue on my Glock 19 and 23. I tried a Hogue on my 26 but it kept tearing up the back. I deceided to try a Pachamyr on my 26 and it went right on without any problems.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pachmayr or Hogue" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!