Experience with Capital One investments?

PDA

Nando Aqui
June 11, 2003, 08:31 AM
Not Gun Related, but there is no other place I would go for advice where I would trust the respondents as much as I do here.

I am planning on buying a CD (certificate of deposit) and Capital One has good rates - comparatively speaking, that is.

Has anyone done business with them? In your opinion, are they reliable (safe)?

thanks - Alex

If you enjoyed reading about "Experience with Capital One investments?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mec
June 11, 2003, 09:10 AM
I did a quick search engine hunt and found their site. On the one hand, they implant atdmt spy ware on your hard drive when you click on.
On the other hand, I didn't find any companion sites with titles like "Capitol One Sucks" or Capitol One Ate My Balls" and this is a good sign. Just try that with AOL or other shady business.

Another good sign is apparently the animal psycho communo-liberals hate them. I found this from PrimateFreedom

"...Tell Capitol One that you will not buy their products or services while they are exploiting chimpanzees as advertising tools. Remind them that:

- Performing chimpanzees are always children, stolen from their
mothers...."

They were whining about C-one dressing up a bunch of apes like humans in one of their commercials.

Soap
June 11, 2003, 09:22 AM
CDs are basically always safe. That is why you get such a low rate of return. It would probably take a catastrophic event for a company like Cap1 to not be able to pay its customers a 1-3.5% CD rate.

Preacherman
June 11, 2003, 10:14 AM
Useful info, but very OT.

If you enjoyed reading about "Experience with Capital One investments?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!