Anyone own a taurus 85?

PDA

MikePGS
March 25, 2007, 04:56 PM
If so how do they compare size wise to a S and W 642? Have you had any issues with them at all? I tried to do a search but it wouldn't let me include numbers for some reason, so i had to resort to posting here. Thanks in advance, see ya later.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone own a taurus 85?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Seven High
March 25, 2007, 05:23 PM
I own both. The Taurus 85 is a little bit larger than the Smith 642. I have not had any issues with either pistol.

jwr747
March 25, 2007, 06:22 PM
own two,a 85 and an 85CH.no problems with either.though they look like a S&W,the Taurus is a little bigger,and won't fit most S&W holsters. jwr

haybaler
March 25, 2007, 08:04 PM
I have had an 85CH for many years and have never had a problem. The ejector rod is a little gritty and the cylinder release is a little loose and I've tried to tighten it but that's just the way it is. The little gun always works. I'm not familiar with the S&W so can't answer your question.

On the 85 the stock grips wouldn't allow the use of a speed loader so I put Hogue Monogrips on it and the speedloaders work fine-a little tight but at least now the speedloader lines up square with the cylinder.

bakert
March 25, 2007, 09:06 PM
The little Taurus 85 is my wedding, funeral and church function gun. It conceals well and works.

Kevinch
March 25, 2007, 09:41 PM
I did own a Model 85 years ago. It was a good gun; I sold it to a good friend who happened to be my boss at the time. (Selling him a piece of junk would have been a stupid thing to do!) As far as I know, he still has it & it works well for him.

I got rid of it because I thought it was too heavy for pocket carry. I used the money from that sale to partially fund the purchase of a Colt Mustang Pocket Lite, which I found to be a better gun for the application.

Ironically, I'm now looking at retiring the Mustang (due to the scarcity of parts) and acquiring a 642 as a replacement. My daughter has a Model 637; I carried it around for an afternoon in a jacket pocket & it seemed to work well - although for that test I didn't have a pocket holster.

Alan Fud
March 29, 2007, 11:07 PM
The 642 is pictured in the lower left ...

http://fud-files.netfirms.com/image/private/guns/f198-0.jpg
click on above photo to view larger image (http://fud-files.netfirms.com/image/private/guns/f198.jpg)

... and the 85ULCH is pictured in the upper right.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone own a taurus 85?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!