.45 "Military" FMJ-RN Ammo Range Report

PDA

rmurfster
March 26, 2007, 02:17 PM
Sorry, I don't have the label in front of me right now... I'll post it later when I get home.

I bought some "Military & Police Ammunition" at a gunshow a couple weeks ago. .45 ACP, 230 grain, FMJ-RN.

Just shot some this past weekend and it was smoooooooth :cool: !!

I felt the heat produced from firing the round, but the recoil seemed less than a 9mm!

Anyone care to take a guess why? Is it the powder charge, type of powder, or something else I'm not thinking of?

If you enjoyed reading about ".45 "Military" FMJ-RN Ammo Range Report" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SoCalShooter
March 26, 2007, 04:01 PM
Maybe you don't know your own strength. Were you using a benchrest system or a bag? Would be nice to know the groups it can shoot. My area gun show is coming up and I might look at it if its good stuff. Also who makes the ammo? Is it reloads or factory ammo?

rmurfster
March 29, 2007, 01:23 PM
Here's what is on the label:
Defense Technologies
Special Application Ammunition for Law
Enforcement and Military use.

230gr. FMJ
.45 Auto

Anyone familiar with this ammo?

Walkalong
March 29, 2007, 02:24 PM
Never heard of it, but you can't beat the laws of physics.:)

Velocity = Recoil.....If you don't have one, you don't have the other.;)

sfc123
March 29, 2007, 02:47 PM
I found this:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=68195402

Probably the same company...doesn't look like it's readily available to the public.

If you enjoyed reading about ".45 "Military" FMJ-RN Ammo Range Report" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!