Gun People are people people, too.

PDA

winwun
June 11, 2003, 08:23 PM
Would it be totally out of the question for the Administration of THR to recognize that their members have more than one arrow in their quiver, that they are not necessarily defined and live 24-7 on guns alone ? ?

Often a thread appears that is not 100% gun related and the powers that be put a quick lock on it.

THR is an excellent forum, and I really don't think it would be the end of anything valuable if it were to broaden its scope to allow discussion of timely issues that are of concern to its members that do not necessarily reek of burned Bullseye.

Put out a poll and see what the members think and be guided accordingly.

Thank you for a very nice site.

I am sure someone has spent a great deal of time and likely not an inconsequential sum of money to maintain it for what, at times, must seem like a bunch of screaming howlers, but in the interest of entertaining honest and constructive suggestions for improvement, perhaps the above could be given some small amount of thought.

Thank you again.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun People are people people, too." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
pax
June 11, 2003, 09:15 PM
It's been discussed before, a time or two --

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23050

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8577

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6928

Don't think it'll ever happen.

pax

The pen may be stronger than the sword... but I'd rather have a sword in a dark alley. -- Andrew Warnick

winwun
June 12, 2003, 06:54 AM
Pax, thanks for answering.

I read the threads you had highlighted, and there seems to be a considerable desire for an OT forum.

I realize that there are costs involved, but did you ever consider the entrepenurial truism, that if someone wants something bad enough, they will pay for it ?

I for one would be willing to pay a modest fee for the privelege of having THR to include an OT forum.

If someone thinks that our love for guns and what they represent is so shallow that a single OT forum would dangerously dilute our mission, then they are terribly wrong.

We are indeed a finely focused group, as a whole, but the restriction and constriction of having to stay "with guns", I think denies the completeness that we all embody.

Thank you for allowing me to offer my opinions on the subject.

tyme
June 12, 2003, 12:07 PM
The short response to that is:

1) Nobody has to create an OT forum - there are already several in firearms-related fora on the net. Try GlockTalk.

2) THR doesn't want donations.

3) Look what it does to every site that has an off-topic forum. Such a forum invariably becomes the most popular forum on the site, and the site then turns into a lounge rather than a topic-based discussion board.

...and most importantly...
4) Oleg's current position is "no OT forum," so there will be no OT forum.

:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun People are people people, too." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!