The proof was in the pudding...

PDA

BsChoy
March 29, 2007, 05:54 PM
About 2 months ago before the weather in my neck of the woods went to crud, I wieghed about 300 mixed LC and Fed commercial 223 cases. I sorted them into 3 piles light, med, and heavy and loaded 10 of them in each wieght all identically with 26.0 grains of Re15, a federal 205m, and topped them with a 60 grain Vmax seated at 2.29 for my Stevens 200. Shooting them heavy to light. I got about a 2 inch group with the first 10 in the heavy cases, a demonstrably smaller group with the medium wieght cases and much tighter 3rd group which turned out to be mostly if not all federal commercial cases at around 88 grains each. The 3rd group had 7 of 10 rounds within 3/4 at 100. Never thought I would eat crow on the weighing of cases but hey I go. :(

If you enjoyed reading about "The proof was in the pudding..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
March 29, 2007, 09:39 PM
I like humble pie better than crow myself. I've eaten plenty..:)

SSN Vet
March 29, 2007, 09:45 PM
very interesting....thanks for posting.

How's the trigger on your 200?

I hope to get one later this summer in .30-06.

BsChoy
March 29, 2007, 10:43 PM
I replaced the factory with a timney....worlds better than i could do with the factory trigger

If you enjoyed reading about "The proof was in the pudding..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!