Virginia CCW permit class question

PDA

chris in va
March 31, 2007, 10:58 PM
Browsing Gander Mountain today I noticed they are offering a CCW class, two hours. I asked about it considering there's no official range within an hour of here, and they said no range time is necessary.:confused:

Now when I got mine, we had to 'qualify' with a revolver and semiauto at a range. I think a minimum amount of rounds had to be fired, not sure on that.

Did things change in 3 years?

If you enjoyed reading about "Virginia CCW permit class question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RNB65
March 31, 2007, 11:05 PM
There's never been any type of shooting qualification required to get a CCW in VA. All you have to do is show successful completion of any one of the competency items listed in the CCW law. There's many, many different ways to meet the requirement. The hunter safety class I took with a bunch of kids 20 years ago was all I needed to meet the requirement.

If you enjoyed reading about "Virginia CCW permit class question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!