357 SIG Hard Cast

PDA

arizona
March 31, 2007, 11:42 PM
Does anyone make a hard cast 357 SIG. I know many people carry the 357 Mag as a back up hiking/hunting/woods gun with success.

Is there a similar cartridge for the 357 SIG?

If you enjoyed reading about "357 SIG Hard Cast" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Peter M. Eick
April 1, 2007, 12:29 PM
Not that I am aware of, but if you reload I am sure you can work up a load of hardcast lead. I would not go much beyond a 150 grn SWC because your powder space drops quickly and I bet to get it to feed the bullet will have to be crimped to the front driving band. You could also do a 125 grn lead SWC in hard lead or even buy some Lasercasts light grained 358 sized lead and work up a load.

My one suggestion is you are venturing into the "wild unknown of reloading". Proceed with great caution.

trueblue1776
April 1, 2007, 12:37 PM
.357 sig is a pretty fast round to go with hard cast on. If you try it, watch for leading of the barrel.

If you enjoyed reading about "357 SIG Hard Cast" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!