shot my new XD sub compact for the first time today

PDA

Doc Rizzi
April 1, 2007, 03:40 AM
I shot my SA XD sub compact in 9mm for the first time today. I put 200 rounds of hardball through it without a single problem. Accuracy was very good. It did take a bit to get used to the trigger but once I figured out that I could take the slack up on the trigger it began to feel like the trigger on the colt 1911. It had a nice little punch to it. I will say that loading the magazine is easier using the magazine loading tool. The spring is pretty strong and difficult to depress. The small size of the cartridge makes it tough on the fingers without the loading tool. The XD fits the hand well and is comfortable to shoot.

If you enjoyed reading about "shot my new XD sub compact for the first time today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
a1huntingsupply
April 1, 2007, 06:06 AM
XD's are excellent handguns. My XD-40 has never missed a beat. I had one failure during a match and that was because of dropping the mags in the sand. I should have wiped the oil off before the match (my fault). Thats the only failure out of about 2,000 rounds.

I agree with you about loading the magazine's. They are tuff to load when new.

murph50
April 1, 2007, 12:49 PM
My xd9 sc has been flawless. Great gun. I like the xd format so much that I recently got the xd 45 comp. I really like that one too.

possum
April 2, 2007, 02:35 PM
sounds like another happy memeber to the xd family. i am glad that you like the sc, i have one as well in .40 and i really love it. you made a great choice. i like the fact that my xdsc gets on target quick, and it is pretty darn accurate for a 3" barreled gun, i am very impressed with it.

as far as the trigger goes, once you put some more rds through it you will feel a chnage in it and it will smooth out really well.

the recoil is the biggest suprise to me, my .40 sc is about the same as that of my .40 service model, i am suprised how well sa has done to cut down on the recoil in the little sc's.

okcorral
April 3, 2007, 12:13 AM
I have the XD-9 Sub Compact as well and have no problems. The slide is pretty tight and doesn't lock back all the time when the last round is fired but it's slowly getting better (I also reload my own ammo and powder charge on the low end of the scale).

If you enjoyed reading about "shot my new XD sub compact for the first time today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!