cz/mag questions

PDA

rangerruck
April 1, 2007, 04:25 AM
how interchangeable are mags between, cz, eaa, tangfolio, tz, imi(baby eagles) etc.? the reason I ask is, I saw a killer eaa in 45 compact, and if a full size cz 45 will work, then I just got my new carry pistol.

If you enjoyed reading about "cz/mag questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mortech
April 1, 2007, 11:58 AM
Took me a few minutes of hunting around but here you go -> http://p201.ezboard.com/fczechpistols82792frm35.showMessage?topicID=336.topic

Walt Sherrill
April 1, 2007, 12:07 PM
I'm one of the regular members on the CZ Forum and have contributed to a the answers on mag questions.

A simple answer: on full-size guns, the clone mags will generally work well.

On a few of them, because the EAA mag releases are set a HAIR lower in the grip, the mag will be pressed heavily against the underside of the slide in a CZ, making them hard to insert and remove. (This can be fixed by using a needle file or Dremel to open up the top of the mag release notch, which lets the mag drop down a bit...)

The Tanfoglio "compact" mags will NOT work in the CZ compacts -- they're too short and won't lock in place.

Mec-Gar mags (from CDNN Investment) are the best you can get, and are about as inexpensive as anything availble. Why bother with clone mags that MAY (or may not work) when you can get Mec-Gars.

(Note: Mec-Gar now makes the factory CZ mags, but Mec-Gar branded CZ mags are slightly different than CZ factory mags. Factory 15-round mags will work in older pre-B CZs, but Mec-Gar mags won't.)

wally
April 1, 2007, 12:46 PM
I have the EAA Witness-P full sized in .45ACP and the CZ97 .45ACP. The mags interchange. I believe the compact Witness in .45 take a shorter 8-round mag but will accept the 10 round mags from the full sized. I believe CDNN has the spacer to fill the gap at the bottom of the grip when the full sized mag used in the compact gun.

The situation with 9mm and .40 caliber guns is much too complicated because there are a lot of variations in these Polymer frames that have come and gone.

--wally.

rangerruck
April 1, 2007, 02:29 PM
excellent answers, all. Found this nice compact eaa, but it only shows for an 6 round mag. I like to be able to have at least 10 rounds of 45 at my disposal.

If you enjoyed reading about "cz/mag questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!