Anyone reload for the Saiga?

PDA

BobTheTomato
April 2, 2007, 03:44 PM
From what I have read the gun puts a dent in the side of the brass and some poeple have remided this by padding the ejection port or others say reload the case with the dent anyway. Anywho does anyone here reload for the Saiga (223 in perticular)? I am thinking about getting one and want to know if it will be a worthwhile endevor to plan on reloading for it. And no I do not want an AR-15 :)

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone reload for the Saiga?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
layusn1
April 2, 2007, 08:17 PM
I love my 223 Saiga but it loves the cheapest Russian ammo I can feed it. It eats up Wolf and Monarch like my AR does match bullets. I wont reload for it because I don't want to waste good brass and its a "cheap date" anyway. Buy it, love it and it will treat you right. The price can't be beat either. Mine was $250.00. If you want to scope it, it already has a mount too!

Dave R
April 3, 2007, 12:35 AM
I reload for my AK, which mangles case necks pretty well.

If the case is not 'too' dented, the resizing die will straighten it all out.

I still put a pad by my ejection port to minimize denting. And the AK shoots reloads very well.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone reload for the Saiga?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!