1911 Holster for 3-Gun?

PDA

Stump Water
April 2, 2007, 04:46 PM
The club where I'm going to try my hand at 3-Gun has these rules about the handgun holster:

* Only Duty and Carry holsters allowed. No speed holsters.
* Carry gear must be worn at or behind the point of the hip.

What holster would you get for a 1911? Why?

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 Holster for 3-Gun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Alaskapopo
April 2, 2007, 05:05 PM
For IDPA I use a blade tech holster. The reason is its very fast yet still secure. For off duty use I use a Milt Sparks inside the waste band Versa Max II. I used to use it in IDPA and USPSA but it is too slow compared to the blade tech.
Popo

jmorris
April 2, 2007, 05:32 PM
I'm a fan of the Comp-tac speed paddle, many like the Comp-tac locking paddle.

akanotken
April 2, 2007, 06:13 PM
extra retention is nice to have. At least where I shoot, you could be going prone, running, crawling, etc with a hot pistol on your side. I went with the blackhawk serpa. A touch slower, but our average times are well over 200 seconds, so I don't mind giving away .5 seconds on the draws.... YMMV.

bofe954
April 2, 2007, 09:37 PM
I have a comp-tac belt holster for USPSA. Haven't made it to a 3-gun match yet but i am working at it.

I use a CR speed belt so my mag pouches and holster can be on exactly the same spot all the time, I just position them on the outer belt and forget them. The holster has tension screws so you can make it as secure as necessary.

You can put velcro on the portion of the mag pouches and holster that lies between the inner and outer belt so the outer belt stays secure.

sturmruger
April 2, 2007, 10:34 PM
My vote would be for either the Bladetech or Comptac belt holsters.

Chris Rhines
April 3, 2007, 12:47 AM
The multigun holster to beat is the Blade-Tech DOH. Keep the tension screws fairly tight.

- Chris

Wakal
April 3, 2007, 09:40 AM
I like the DOH as well.

I've found that many clubs attempt to keep the "gamers" out with inane holster rules. Which is why I have a DOH that fits my 9 by 23 STI Open gun...C-More, comp, and all :neener:

Come to think of it, I have a Safariland 6004 that fits my STI Stinger (9mm widebody with a short comp). Same reason :)

Alex

Stump Water
April 3, 2007, 09:57 AM
Appreciate the replies.

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 Holster for 3-Gun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!