Can I use the adjustable charge bar with double disk?

PDA

skurvy
April 2, 2007, 09:31 PM
I'm trying to load .223 with the double disk kit but can't get the resolution that I want. Can I sub one of the disk with the charge bar? I don't think the charge bar by itself will be enough since it's only good to 1.6cc.
powder is H335 if that makes a difference.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can I use the adjustable charge bar with double disk?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hazzard
April 2, 2007, 09:55 PM
First, I assume you are using the Lee perfect powder measure or equal. I've never tried it, but I don't think it will work very well. The disks have small pins molded into them that allow them to stack together, but the charge bar does not. If it works at all it would have a lot of slop in the mechanism and probably not be very accurate. I'll take a look at mine and see if there are recesses for the pins on the charge bar, but I'm pretty sure there are not.

cracked butt
April 2, 2007, 11:09 PM
I've never used the adjustable charge bar.

Another thing you can try to increase your resolution is cut the full charge in 1/2 and double charge each case- this should get you a few more options for powder charges.

skurvy
April 3, 2007, 02:48 PM
I just got the official "No" from Lee.
Thanks guys.

sansone
April 3, 2007, 03:00 PM
if you have two discs can't you get the charge you want? I don't use the adj charge bar at all. it came with one of the lee kits I bought but someone tell me for what purpose would I NEED the adj charge bar

SSN Vet
April 3, 2007, 03:44 PM
With the pro auto-disk, whether you double stack disks or not, you are limited to step incements. This precludes you from throwing a load that lies exactly inbetween the disk cavity sizes.

The adjustable charge bar (which can't be stacked) has an infinitely variable hole size, allowing you to dial in any specific volume you want.

This will meet the needs of guys who want to dial in an exact load that can't be had with any of the disk volumes.

skurvy
April 3, 2007, 07:13 PM
Usually I can get .3 grain increments or better with the double disks. It jumps from 25 to 26 grains with H335 though. Knowing my luck I'm sure the sweet spot will be somewhere in between.:(

If you enjoyed reading about "Can I use the adjustable charge bar with double disk?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!