single stack, double stack, "stagger stack"

PDA

jlh26oo
April 3, 2007, 04:24 AM
I thought the p220 was technically a "single stack", similar to 1911 mags

Not true? They don't look as wide as the USPc45 mag, but is it true that the cartridges do not line up in a single vertical collumn in the p220 mag? They are offset to some degree (not perfectly vertical, not side by side, but somewhere in b/t)?
It is a stagger stack design (like the HK USP Compact which has the same capacity) with an 8 round capacityhttp://anarchangel.blogspot.com/2005/05/second-best-45-auto.html

Not real important, just semantics, but curious jsut for correct terminology.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "single stack, double stack, "stagger stack"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rockstar.esq
April 4, 2007, 02:44 AM
Looking at mine (Sig P220) I have to tell you, they're pretty much right on top of each other. I didn't get out any micrometers or anything but the friggin magazine isn't wide enough to allow much sideplay for a loaded cartridge. So I guess the semantics don't apply, yep it's a single stack pure and simple.

If you enjoyed reading about "single stack, double stack, "stagger stack"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!