Is the +p+ too strong???

PDA

TATANKA
April 3, 2007, 04:23 PM
Is the +p+ too strong for a Beretta 84f or a Glock 25???
I mean for the pipe, tube, cannon, muzzle, jajaja, I donīt know how you call it!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Is the +p+ too strong???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
briansp82593
April 3, 2007, 04:31 PM
no, the beretta and the glock should eat them right up

Outlaw Man
April 3, 2007, 04:35 PM
I wouldn't expect them to go the 50,000+ trouble-free rounds some people claim from Glocks and Berettas if you're only using +P+, but enough to verify reliability for CCW and some occasional fun at the range should never be a problem.

possum
April 4, 2007, 09:59 AM
It will be fine, but with any handgun i wouldn't shoot +p+'s alot but there are many people that would be a ble to afford it. i would say put some rds through it to check function and accuracy and shootability and see if that is the right load. just don't use it all the time.

bestseller92
April 4, 2007, 07:05 PM
Any Glock or Ruger should handle any commercial 9mm ammo from now till doomsday.

Lone_Gunman
April 4, 2007, 08:25 PM
Any Glock or Ruger should handle any commercial 9mm ammo from now till doomsday.

Well, thats sort of true. I have fired a lot of Winchester Ranger +p+ 127g JHPs out of a Glock 34. These rounds clock out at about 1275 fps, which is surely pushing the limits of 9mm.

The only functional issue is that the plastic recoil spring guide rod in the G34 seems to break after several hundred rounds. The interesting thing is that the Glock keeps on working just fine. I have done this a couple of times now, and never notice the problem til I take the gun apart to clean it. Its a cheap fix, only about 4 or 5 bucks for a new spring and rod.

Richard.Howe
April 5, 2007, 05:23 PM
The only functional issue is that the plastic recoil spring guide rod in the G34 seems to break after several hundred rounds.

That's why I like to install a stainless rod with Wolff springs right out of the box...

If you enjoyed reading about "Is the +p+ too strong???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!