So H&K Guys, what you think???

PDA

BBsteel
April 3, 2007, 05:02 PM
First post here bye the way!:)

I have a line on a USED H&K USP Compact .40 cal variant 1 that comes with night sights and 4 magazines (2 12's and 2 10's). The gun is in great condition with minimal wear and comes with a box. The date code is AE (2004). The shop is asking $650 for it used. I'm torn between this and a P99 AS .40 cal.

I can't wait to get home and check my blue book!!

If you enjoyed reading about "So H&K Guys, what you think???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
daysleeprx
April 3, 2007, 05:23 PM
CDNN is selling the Custom Combat USPc40 with Novak night sights for $640 new. Just another option.

The one you're talking about sounds like an okay deal though.

yongxingfreesty
April 3, 2007, 05:28 PM
good deal, mine has dot sights 2 13rnd leo mags box papers got it for 570. AE datecode as well.

for 80 bucks extra you get night sites and 2 extra mags, id do it.

whited
April 3, 2007, 06:01 PM
If it fits you better than the P99, go for it.

If not, don't. :)

rcellis
April 3, 2007, 06:17 PM
The CDNN offering might not still be there - they sell out quickly once their catalog goes out.

The gun you describe sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Either way, you'll be happy. You know that once you've had an HK, you'll be hard to please with anything else. :rolleyes:

BTW, check www.hkpro.com as well.

10-Ring
April 3, 2007, 07:28 PM
Sounds like an okay deal to me.
Oh & welcome to THR ;)

Mike U.
April 4, 2007, 03:03 AM
That's not a bad price for an outstanding firearm. Especially, given the extra mags your getting with it.

Jump on it.

Autolycus
April 4, 2007, 03:32 AM
Sounds like a great deal in my opinion. How many rounds through the gun?

flashman70
April 4, 2007, 09:43 AM
I think that's a pretty good price. I just got a USPc .45 NIB w/ night sights for $760. And that was by far the best price I'd seen on that gun.

DogBonz
April 4, 2007, 10:29 AM
I'd go for it. Its not a great deal, but a good one none the less.

HorseSoldier
April 4, 2007, 10:43 AM
Good enough deal that I'd say take it if you're wanting a USP 40. It's a bit more than the going gun-show rate I usually see, but that's without the extra mags and night sights, which I think make it a pretty good price.

possum
April 4, 2007, 11:33 AM
welcome to THR, yeah i agree take it!

Idano
April 4, 2007, 12:06 PM
You won't be sorry with the H&K, i just bought a USP full size in .40 S&W and love the gun. Now I am thinking about a USP Compact too. They are accurate, easy to take care of, and from what I hear very reliable.

usp_fan
April 4, 2007, 12:47 PM
It's a fair price. If you want the pistol, get it and don't look back. I know I love mine.

--usp_fan

Black Majik
April 4, 2007, 12:51 PM
It's a good price. Great gun. Go for it.

BBsteel
April 4, 2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks guys! I can get one brand new for $720 so I'm debating just doing that. Not sure what kind of night sights or who installed them. I called the gun shop and they said they only gaurantee the gun functions and not accuracy. No return policies there so I may hold out and spend the extra $70 for a new one. I'd hate to get it and find out some guy put the sights on himself and then have to get that fixed. I don't really care about the extra 10 capicity mags since ebay has them all the time.

Hmmmmmm. I'll let you know what I do!

SoCalShooter
April 4, 2007, 09:32 PM
Its not a bad deal with the magazines, thats about 200 bucks in magazines. So I would say subtract that roughly about from the gun and you have the semi average value of the weapon. I based this on the assumption that the used HK mags would still go for a premium of about 45 bucks average new factory mags is 55 for 12 or 10 rounds are usually the same exact price. I would say go for the HK I love mine.

BBsteel
April 4, 2007, 10:32 PM
FYI, Seen the 10 round mags on ebay with the finger extension for 12.95 + 7.00 for shipping.

BBsteel
April 6, 2007, 08:45 PM
Well guys thanks a lot...geeeeeezzzzzzz.

I went in today to give a look see again. So happened to be the guy that traded the USP in in the store. He told me the night sights he had done by H&K and the gun was accurate as hell. It came with 4, 12 round mags so I heard the reasoning SoCalShooter gave me with cost of mags.

Yep, I bought it and will give it a ride next week. Let you know how it spews the lead then.............

later

gudel
April 6, 2007, 09:08 PM
so where are the pics?

You know that once you've had an HK, you'll be hard to please with anything else

yeah, what he said above.

10-Ring
April 6, 2007, 09:21 PM
COngrats! It should serve you well! I do look forward to seeing some pics ;)

BBsteel
April 7, 2007, 02:25 AM
Just passed the purchase by the wife. Pics yet to come. Going to play some "bird golf" tomorrow (game farm). After that hoepfully snap a few for all to review.

If you enjoyed reading about "So H&K Guys, what you think???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!