Max Case Overall Length

PDA

ABL
April 3, 2007, 05:37 PM
Hello Everyone,

Where can I find the Max. Case Overall Length???? I have the minimum in my manual but not the Max.
Please respond if you know something...

Thanks, ABL
bob.01@mac.com

If you enjoyed reading about "Max Case Overall Length" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ocabj
April 3, 2007, 05:53 PM
Your manual should have the maximum case length and the trim-to length.

steve4102
April 3, 2007, 07:25 PM
Most manuals have "Max length" and "trim to length" . If the "trim to" is not listed it is usually .010 less than Max. What manual are you using.

ABL
April 4, 2007, 11:15 PM
I have a Lyman Manual, but right now I'm using one of the Alliant Powder Manuals. I'm using Bullseye Powder made by Alliant so I figured using their book might be more helpful. But I'm yet to find the Max. Overall Length on it.

Thanks, ABL
bob.01@mac.com

TimT
April 5, 2007, 01:44 AM
what chambering? .010" is the "trim to length" as mentioned.

Bullet
April 5, 2007, 01:57 AM
ABL
If you’re talking about rifles look here –

http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=RESDTCL&type=store

G_W
April 5, 2007, 04:46 AM
Where can I find the Max. Case Overall Length???? I have the minimum in my manual but not the Max....But I'm yet to find the Max. Overall Length on it.
Perhaps this will help.
Cartridge Specifications (http://www.handloads.com/articles/cartridge.htm)

kimbernut
April 6, 2007, 11:46 AM
Max OAL is really determined by the firearm chamber length, magazine length, or cylinder length and is best determined by trial and error as to what works and what does not work(read feeds and ejects properly and reliably).

ABL
April 7, 2007, 02:41 AM
Okay, I understand...

Thanks to allL, ABL
bob.01@mac.com

If you enjoyed reading about "Max Case Overall Length" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!