Stainless baby eagle barely used for $369, good deal ?

PDA

hexidismal
April 4, 2007, 01:47 PM
A local shop has two all stainless baby eagles in .40. They are the semi-compact no rails models. I'm told they are demo guns straight from magnum research, so they seem to have some wear only on the exposed section of the barrel over the ejection port, but supposedly only have the one factory test round fired. They are otherwise super clean,and the bores look perfect. I looked on gunbroker and auction arms for some price comparison , but they don't seem to list any in all stainless finish. They are selling for $369.99 . What do you think, how good a deal is this ? I guess my main question is , how rare are these in stainless ? Because none of the places I look online have them in stock.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stainless baby eagle barely used for $369, good deal ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Heavy Metal Hero
April 4, 2007, 01:52 PM
Tell em $350 OTD.

hexidismal
April 4, 2007, 01:56 PM
They wont go any lower, because they are already listed as "on clearance". I never really wanted one of these guns, but if it's a good price and especially if they are sort of semi-rare in all stainless.. The thing is there are certainly other guns on my list I'd want more, that's why I'm asking all you guys if you think this is worth it anyway.

D-Man
April 4, 2007, 01:58 PM
Not quite sure what you mean about the wear pattern, but it sounds like a good deal at $369.

Figure the stainless commands a premium over the regular models by $150-$200 (at least if you were trying to buy new). A like-new BE in regular black finish for the $369 wouldn't be that bad of a deal (a little high, but I've seen worse).

hexidismal
April 4, 2007, 02:19 PM
To be clearer about the the wear. What i was referring to about the exposed section of barrel in the ejection port was this area. Both guns seem to have what I would call significant wear right there. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to tell them from a NIB gun.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j110/hexidismal29/barthrpostthing.jpg

o/u mike
April 4, 2007, 03:41 PM
I purchased a semi-compact new in 9 mm a little over a year ago for $639+tax. That was about $170 more than the standard finish. They are not "rare". You can special order them from MRI, and they often have some in stock that your dealer can order. Personally, I was willing to pay up because I just liked the look of the BE in SS better than an all black pistol because the detail of one fine looking weapon shows up better. The wear is normal and should clean up nicely with some grey ScotchBrite and a little Flitz polish. The ergonomics are great for me, the trigger has done nothing but get better over time, and it's a tack driver. Here's a pic with my GP100.

Good Deal? I'd say a great deal!

Loco
April 4, 2007, 03:57 PM
I payed 500 for a standard finish .40 a year ago. I'am so glad i bought it. I got some fine handguns and i must amit my baby can stand up to any of them. It's very easy to shoot and it's super accurate. Never was one for buying used anything.

bb21
April 4, 2007, 04:35 PM
I have the full sized BE in 9X19, Black, I practically stole it for $280, mine also has no de-cocker and the safety is frame mounted which I prefer. They are great and fit most hands. I just saw a Black BE .45 ACP today at Gander for $519 so I think it would be a great deal. Also the stainless is real shinny so it looks pretty cool! Go for it if it fits you, you'll most likely never see a deal like that again so all else fails sale it on the net if you don't like it, but you most likely will.
Good Luck and Be Safe!

aubie515
April 4, 2007, 06:09 PM
I would say that's a good price on a SS BE. They are solid pistols and it's been said that the CZ clone is better than the CZ itself. That debate will be ongoing, but people who own the BE love them.

MD_Willington
April 4, 2007, 07:24 PM
I'd show up with 3 $100 bills, & 1 $50 bill

Ask them if they want to make some money today?

If they say "No"

Tell them that you will be back the next day with 3 $100 bills, & 2 $20 bills...

;)

1 old 0311
April 4, 2007, 07:47 PM
Buy it.

mightyike
April 4, 2007, 11:48 PM
Isn't the Baby Eagle born a Tangfolio and re-worked and a different
barrel added?

Heavy Metal Hero
April 5, 2007, 10:38 AM
The baby eagle is a CZ clone just like the tangfolio, but I don't believe it is just a reworked Witness.

Flame Red
April 5, 2007, 11:23 AM
My buddy bought a BE a few weeks ago for a bit over $500 NIB and thought it was a steal. We never even saw stainless ones. Sounds like a steal for that reason alone.

hexidismal
April 5, 2007, 03:43 PM
Well, it's a done deal. Thanks for your opinions everybody. I went back and looked again a bit more closely and I actually noticed a few more signs of wear than I had before but they still seemed awfully clean for the price. SO I dropped the money on one of them. Total price after taxes was $377.87 , so I think that was probably not a bad deal. Unfortunately, in my county in NY I have to wait a full month for the permit amendment before I can pick it up. *sigh*

ccarnel
April 5, 2007, 04:11 PM
I have on in black and love it. I got mine NIB for about 450 bucks. I think the sliver ones aren't stainless but rather hard chrome... i could be wrong though

If you enjoyed reading about "Stainless baby eagle barely used for $369, good deal ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!