Anyone have a Robar-modded Glock?

PDA

1KPerDay
April 5, 2007, 05:34 PM
How's the trigger?

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone have a Robar-modded Glock?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CountGlockula
April 5, 2007, 08:28 PM
Maybe you should post it on Glock Talk. I'd like to hear the answer.

Sundles
April 5, 2007, 11:20 PM
Yes my wife has a Mod. 23. Robar does some good tuff to Glocks, including the grip reduction.

1KPerDay
April 6, 2007, 12:32 AM
I just got to check out a Robar'ed G30... fit my hand like a glove. It had their grip reduction, textured grip, 'beavertail' extended back behind the slide (not sure if i like how it looks, but sure feels good), forward slide serrations, trigger guard rounded/shaped/textured, etc.

Pointed completely naturally for me. Brought it up, and the sights were lined up perfectly. With my G23 I have to consciously bring the nose down.

It was the first G30 I've handled... and it was larger than I expected. Pretty much a mid-sized service pistol, rather than a subcompact. The slide and frame are pretty thick.

The trigger, however, seemed terrible. It was lighter than my stock G23 up to a point, then got stiffer and the break was sort of mushy. I was just dry-firing it so it may not be so noticeable when actually shooting.

Is that typical of glocks that have had their trigger springs swapped?

I much prefer the stock one if so... it's a firmer pull but it feels more consistent to me. I also don't know if the trigger was actually done by Robar or if the PO worked on it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone have a Robar-modded Glock?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!