LSWC load for 41 mag

PDA

crowellrw
April 6, 2007, 12:01 AM
I need a load for a 215gr LSWC in 41 mag. It is to be a practice/plinking round and I'd like it to be around 800 f/s. A recipe would be fine if someone has one. A point in the direction of a good source of LSWC loads for 38special/357, 41 mag, 44 special and 45 acp would be even better.

I have no problem finding load data for jacketed rounds in medium to high velocities but want light/inexpensive loads I can shoot a lot of.

Thanks for your help.

bc

If you enjoyed reading about "LSWC load for 41 mag" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Steve C
April 6, 2007, 01:20 AM
For the .41 mag w/ 215gr SWC lead try 5.0grs of Tightgroup or 5.5grs of Trail Boss for light loads.

For a little more pep around 900 to 1,000 fps I use 7.0grs of W231 or 7.8grs of Unique.

crowellrw
April 6, 2007, 12:09 PM
Thanks Steve. I'll give that a try.

After starting this thread last night I ordered Oregon Trail's loading manule. Hopefully it will have lots of data for lead rounds.

bc

Pumpkinheaver
April 6, 2007, 08:51 PM
I use 5.0gr bullseye with a 200 SWC in my Ruger Blackhawk. I am considering tryting some trailboss as the bullseye takes up very little room in the case. I always double check my charges but with trailboss it will be easier to see a double charge.

If you enjoyed reading about "LSWC load for 41 mag" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!