CZ-82, What's your take on this?

PDA

Terry G
April 6, 2007, 05:37 PM
I ordered on from J&G Sales just because I'm a C&R junkie. I have never heard anything bad about CZ's, (my carry gun is a CZ P-01) but I know nothing about CZ-82's. Any input would be appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ-82, What's your take on this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ron James
April 6, 2007, 06:52 PM
I have one and its got the best double action trigger pull of any hand gun I own. It's big enough and heavy enough ( unlike the PA-63 ) that the 9X18 recoil is very mild. Well put together. Just don't post in a panic because you thing the rifling is is gone.

wally
April 6, 2007, 08:43 PM
Just don't post in a panic because you thing the rifling is is gone.

Use the search, I passed on the first I saw at a gun show because it looked practically smooth bore. Later it came up on some threads here that its called "oval rifling". I jumped on one at the next gun show and have not regretted it. CZ83 .380ACP mags work perfectly in it (CDNN still had some last time I looked) although the base plates are a bit different and they hold 12 rounds of 9x18 compared to 13 of .380ACP.

You can see the oval rifling if you have a bore light. If you tilt the bore light so you see a bright specular reflection at the bottom of the barrel and slowly change the angle to walk the spot up the barrel you'll see the spot rotate as the oval twists. If you do this with a shotgun barrel the spot basically moves up the bore in a straight line plus or minus your wobble as you change the angle.

--wally.

Terry G
April 6, 2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the input. Why would the rifling be hard to see? I don't judge a book by it's cover. The two Polish P-64'sI bought looked brand new and shot terrible. Both set's of grips cracked within 20 rounds. Go figure. I like this site.

DMK
April 8, 2007, 02:16 PM
I just got one the other day. I like it.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=267569

ACORN
April 8, 2007, 03:21 PM
FWIW I just picked up a CZ83. The same as a CZ82 but in .380acp. I've been debating ordering one from AIM. Local shop had a near new blue 83 in the case. I figured it was "meant to be". Haven't shot it yet. They seem to be well made. Makarov.com has surplus mags for $19. If you enter CZforum in the discount box you save 5%.

nathan
April 9, 2007, 01:36 PM
My CZ 82 shoots fine like my MAK. You must get one before these are gone like the maks.

ACORN
April 9, 2007, 02:41 PM
Why would the rifling be hard to see?

It's my understanding that the CZ82s in 9mm Mak have "poly-gonal" (sp?)
rifling, instead of the traditional rifling.

wally
April 9, 2007, 02:55 PM
Polygonal rifling, like on a Glock is different from standard but easy to see. The CZ82 uses what has been called "oval rifling" and looks smooth. Basically the bore is slighly oval in shape and the oval twists as it move from chamber to muzzle.

Use the search, its been discussed in pretty good detail, and its where I learned what I know. My CZ82 is a great shooter and works fine with much easier to find CZ83 mags.

--wally.

DMK
April 9, 2007, 07:36 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f8/Polygonal_vs_normal_rifling.gif
Conventional eight groove rifling on the left, and octagonal polygonal rifling on the right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygonal_rifling

Kinda cool. Won't foul up as bad as rifling. These are chrome lined too, so they should be a snap to clean up.

These little guns are worth $200 just for the coolness factor. :)

usp9
April 10, 2007, 08:28 AM
Kinda cool. Won't foul up as bad as rifling. These are chrome lined too, so they should be a snap to clean up.

Can you site a source for the chrome lined barrel? I do not see this mentioned anywhere. Thanks.

DMK
April 10, 2007, 01:52 PM
Well, for one I own one. My source is the pistol and a flashlight.

However, if you don't want to take my word for it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vz.82

Can't find much else on the web about it.

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ-82, What's your take on this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!