Ruger p345 update!

PDA

possum
April 6, 2007, 11:37 PM
Well i must say that i am much happier today after the visit to the range than i was last time. i haven't recieved my new mags from ruger yet in the mail but i decided to take it out again anyway and put it through the paces.
i shot 150rds of blazer brass and this time i only had 4 failure to feeds, i still believe it is a mag issue it only happened on the last rds of the magazines, and not nearly as often this time. so....

DID I SAY THIS THING IS ACCURATE? WELL IT IS MORE SO THAN I COULD EVER BE! I AM CONTINUALLY IMPRESSED WITH THE SINGLE ACTION TRIGGER AND THE ACCURACY!

this is the first group of the day 16rds blazer brass 230gr. 10yds standing off hand.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98/rollins_joshua/rugertarget16rds2.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98/rollins_joshua/rugertarget16rds.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger p345 update!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Magnumite
April 7, 2007, 01:31 AM
Maaannnnnnn, I thought I was over the "get a 345 Ruger" issue in my life. Now you went and started it up again. Bah!!!!!!!!!

glad you like it

possum
April 7, 2007, 01:37 AM
accuracy like that is hard to beat for $390 brand new! and i am sure you probally could get a better deal than that!

fattsgalore
April 7, 2007, 02:05 AM
The best deal I've heard of is $389 OTD from the one guy who let me handle one on the range. It literally shot better then my Glock 23 which made me feel bad.
The same place offered it to me for $440 OTD. Still not bad But I'm not ready to dish out more then $400 for it, not saying it's not worth it but recently they've been going up in price so $440 OTD isn't bad.

Your a man after my own heart, I really don't like the Duo-tone but the Blued is just right. How dose the finish stand up to the rigors of daily use or body chemistry if you CCW.

Also what's Rugers warranty.

possum
April 7, 2007, 02:15 AM
Your a man after my own heart, I really don't like the Duo-tone but the Blued is just right. How dose the finish stand up to the rigors of daily use or body chemistry if you CCW.

Also what's Rugers warranty.

i am not plainning on carrying it, it is gonna be the hd gun, with the m6 light laser combo, but so far the finish has been fine the short while i have had it.

as soon as i called ruger they told me to send it in, but i told them, the situation about me leaving for the desert soon and i didn't want to have to worry about that, i will if i have too. but they are sending me new magazines to try because i honsetly believe that is the problem.

JDGray
April 7, 2007, 09:56 AM
Good shooting!:D

rantingredneck
April 7, 2007, 10:00 AM
I must have one of those to go with my P90. Every time I see one of these 345 threads I start to drool. :D

and nice shooting!

MikePGS
April 7, 2007, 11:54 AM
Well at least you have something to play with now that your beloved XD is in the shop:) Nice shooting.

P97
April 7, 2007, 01:23 PM
I've got to have one of those P345's to go with my two P97's.

jlh26oo
April 8, 2007, 04:21 AM
Would you share a pic of mags please?

possum
April 8, 2007, 02:31 PM
sure i will post pics of the mags for you bro, later on today if i get around to it. i just got off a 24 hour shift at work!

btw i just recieved my two mags from ruger yesterday in the mail now i have to go buy ammo to see how they run!

possum
April 9, 2007, 12:12 AM
jlh26oo,
here is a pic of the magazines you aked for, the ones labeled "1" are the mags that came with it and the ones that i think are causing the problem, and the ones marked "2" are the ones that ruger just sent and i recieved yesterday. thanks ruger. the only difference i see is that the new ones have a little darker finish, i don't have any ammo to run through the mags to check them for reliability. but as soon as i do i will update you guys again! they look alot like 1911 mags, i sure wish it took 1911 mags that would be great huh!
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98/rollins_joshua/p345mags.jpg

obxned
April 9, 2007, 01:29 AM
Love my KP345DPR - never a failure and accurate beyond expectations.

jlh26oo
April 9, 2007, 02:07 AM
Cool, thanks for sharing.

Followers look different too.

possum
April 9, 2007, 02:14 AM
Love my KP345DPR - never a failure and accurate beyond expectations.
this is quite possibly the most accurate handgun that i own, and i can't wait to put it up against the xd when i get it back, even if it is more accurate though i am just in teh zone with the xd and i hope to become that way an as effective at drills with the ruger as i have become with the xd.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger p345 update!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!