P99 With Extended Barrel

PDA

J-Dog
April 7, 2007, 12:40 AM
I will be purchasing a Walther P99 in the coming days and unfortunately here in Canada the barrel length of the stock P99 in 9mm is too short and my only option is to buy the gun with a barrel length of 106mm which will stick out of the front of the gun. The barrel is not threaded and I find it looks kind of ugly sticking out. Do you guys think it is still worth buying the gun and will the fact that the barrel is sticking out change the way the gun was meant to shoot with the 4" barrel?

If you enjoyed reading about "P99 With Extended Barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Shipwreck
April 7, 2007, 11:32 AM
If U want the gun, and can find such a barrel - why not. HK makes guns with barrels sticking out - granted, they are threaded, but they still look ok.

The P99 is my fav handgun of all time - I shoot it better than I do 1911s.

Go check out the Walther Forum, if U haven't already found it:

http://www.waltherforums.com/vb/

Texfire
April 8, 2007, 06:59 AM
Can you have a permanently attached compensator or some such other muzzle device to cut down on the fugly effect, maybe a fake can to cover the extended barrel?

Tex

If you enjoyed reading about "P99 With Extended Barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!