What's "FUN" about guns....poll

PDA

Topgun
January 7, 2003, 11:43 AM
I realize that in most cases it is a combination of things but I think it would be interesting to find out what your PRIMARY affinity to firearms is.

Feel free to expound at length as to your personal combos.

I purposely left out "other" in the poll so you could narrow it down to MOST important.

If you enjoyed reading about "What's "FUN" about guns....poll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PATH
January 7, 2003, 11:50 AM
You left out the most important category, EVERYTHING!

Hkmp5sd
January 7, 2003, 12:00 PM
I absolutely love seeing the arcing stream of brass from a full-auto, followed by the sounds of them hitting the floor. :) Not to mention the looks you get from the other lanes when you let rip with that first magazine!

ruger357
January 7, 2003, 12:04 PM
45 power:D

JerryN
January 7, 2003, 12:04 PM
I picked "What it hunts", figuring that covered self defense weaponry as well as hunting hardware :evil:

Spoonman
January 7, 2003, 01:10 PM
Sorry, Topgun. I tried but I just couldn't find the right category.:(
My love for firearms encompasses so many factors. The fit and finish, not only of the high-dollar guns but of well-worn ol-timers. The way a handgun feels in my hand. The sometime intricate workings of the mechanism, the precision of the action. The knowledge that my guns are heirlooms that will (hopefully) be treasured by my sons, grandchildren, etc. The feel of firing, whether at the range or hunting. This is truly an emotional attachment for me. Although rarely at a loss for words, I am unable to convey my full feelings on this issue :banghead:. I just love 'em, without apology to anyone. They are more than just finely crafted tools to me. I know that you guys out there understand.

Uh, ya'll DO understand, don't you? Or do I need therapy? :D

Kamicosmos
January 7, 2003, 01:26 PM
I'm with you spoonman.
I choose accuracy because I think that is about as close as I could get to my feeling that a gun is a very cool machine.

Kamicosmos

ReadyontheRight
January 7, 2003, 01:32 PM
What's "fun" about guns?

Guns are one of the cornerstones for our civilization and they are a useful, handheld legacy of hundreds of years of our civilization's greatest engineering. A skyscraper or an airplane are connections to that legacy too, but I can't own one.

I voted for accuracy, because inaccurate guns are boring.

sm
January 7, 2003, 01:34 PM
Accuracy

Blackhawk
January 7, 2003, 01:37 PM
They're useful machines.

Pappy John
January 7, 2003, 01:37 PM
I couldn't vote. No "all of the above". I have different guns, each fitting your different criteria.

Ledbetter
January 7, 2003, 01:42 PM
You left out "tinkering." It's like gunsmithing, but by trial and error. You do it to wirng out the last drop of accuracy from your 10/22.

Note that "tinkering" generally goes not involve the use of Dremels or other power tools. Well, except for the stock.

You also left out the tactile pleasures of cleaning. Mmmm.:uhoh:

Monte Harrison
January 7, 2003, 02:01 PM
What do I like about guns? In a word: Everything!

GhostShooter
January 7, 2003, 02:32 PM
What it hunts

http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/2M16.gif

10-Ring
January 7, 2003, 03:44 PM
Yes, all of the above! :D

ahenry
January 7, 2003, 03:55 PM
They go BOOM!

Smoke
January 7, 2003, 03:57 PM
I picked the "Accuracy" option, but what I really wanted was "All of the above".

Hk Paul
January 7, 2003, 04:20 PM
I didnt pick anything because each gun is unique.

I wish there was an everything. You cant pick jist one

T.Stahl
January 7, 2003, 04:26 PM
The "Fun in guns" is that they feed my interests.
- As an engineer I'm interested in the different operation principles.
- As a responsible, independent citizen I'm interested in the protection they.
- As a (few-days-per-year-) soldier I'm interested in the tools-of-war aspect.
- Being interested in history, I'm also interested in the story "behind the gun/design".
- And finally, I'm interested in the use for recreation and sports.

So, actually guns are truely multi-purpose for me. :)

Mastrogiacomo
January 7, 2003, 05:00 PM
What's fun is how they look (assuming you're talking about Beretta) and how they shoot.:D What's not so hot is the price. :what:

Trisha
January 7, 2003, 05:19 PM
No degrees of seperation for me!

Trisha

telewinz
January 7, 2003, 05:33 PM
Should be able to vote for more than one, I know I have more than one reason.

New_comer
January 7, 2003, 06:32 PM
All of them! :D

Deadman
January 7, 2003, 06:55 PM
Recoil. :D

Nothing brings a bigger smile to my face than that first shot from my Mosin Nagant M44 each range session. The bayonet sticking out the front and the side ways glances from the other shooters wondering 'what the hell was that?' also makes the occasion a bit more amusing. :cool:

And before I forget anything belt fed is damned fun as well.

teppo-shu
January 7, 2003, 07:21 PM
I voted "Firepower", though it's really hard to separate it from the others.

Would really like to have voted "History" but I don't have my M1...YET!!:D

Erik Jensen
January 7, 2003, 07:28 PM
I've got to agree with deadman. my beretta is fun to shoot, and it's accurate(which is what I voted), but I have the most fun with Really Big Bore guns. every time I've shot a .44 or .454, or something along those lines, the stupid grin doesn't leave my face for days.. that, and they go BOOM!!! from a purely viceral standpoint, of course.

and my beretta's right purdy.

BamBam
January 7, 2003, 07:30 PM
They infuriate Liberals.

I honestly wouldn't have so many if not for this fact.

Neal Bloom
January 7, 2003, 07:33 PM
Goog point BamBam! Now I have another reason for gun acquisition that I can spring on the wife.

5ptdeerhunter
January 7, 2003, 08:50 PM
I love to own guns for the history. If the gun was owned by a family member or is 100 years old it has a history and thats makes guns interesting and fun to shoot.

Airwolf
January 7, 2003, 11:15 PM
All of the above! :evil:

hansolo
January 7, 2003, 11:23 PM
I thought that was Friday, and Tuesday was "Omega Man" Day!

:uhoh: oh, no! I got it wrong; that's "Planet of the Apes" Week.

C. Heston

Pointman
January 8, 2003, 12:42 AM
how about "basking in the marvel of mechanical inginuity"

Sounds better than "tinkering" :D

If you enjoyed reading about "What's "FUN" about guns....poll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!