CZ P-01 mag options

PDA

Jordan
April 8, 2007, 05:04 PM
I'm in the market for some extra mags for my P-01.

Seems like I read there may be some compatibility between CZ models-- Is this so? Do any of those compatibilities relate to the P-01?
Maybe CZ Compacts would work?

Ideally I'd like to get away from the rubber base plates (hang up on overshirts, cause printing) and of course I'm only interested in full cap.

Where's the best place to find them? I've found them for $39...:eek:

With perfectly good Mec-Gars going for $19 I hate to spend nearly $40 for a damn mag.

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ P-01 mag options" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kerank
April 8, 2007, 09:03 PM
Mec-Gar for CZ compact work great, and even the 16 rounders for the CZ75B work great in the P-01.

Best place to get them...

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/cz.html

Jordan
April 8, 2007, 09:24 PM
Thank you Kerank-- Does the 16rnd mag fit flush or extend a little? Do you know?

Walt Sherrill
April 8, 2007, 09:47 PM
The full-size 16-round mag extends about 5/8". You can get a spacer from CZ that makes the mag look like an extended grip, when installed.

Pro-Mag CZ-75B Compact .40 mags work well, too. (I have several.) They are about the only Pro-Mag magazines I recommend.

I prefer the new 14-round (Mec-Gar-made) factory mags, when you can find them. They fit flush.

mbott
April 9, 2007, 11:34 AM
Pro-Mag CZ-75B Compact .40 mags work well, too. (I have several.) They are about the only Pro-Mag magazines I recommend.

I'll strongly second Walt on this. I currently have 6 of the ProMag Compact .40 mags and use them interchangeably in my P-01, my CZ 75 Compact .40 and my CZ 40P. Handles both 9mm and .40 without any modification at all.

For just about everything else, I'll go Mec-Gar mags.

--
Mike

Aberdonian
April 19, 2007, 06:47 PM
When y'all use the 40 Pro-Mags how many 9mm rounds can you cram in there? (Gently)

Les

mbott
April 19, 2007, 07:10 PM

--
Mike

Aberdonian
April 19, 2007, 07:31 PM
Thanks Mike - that's cool

Les

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ P-01 mag options" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!