Civil War Artillery Photos

PDA

lamazza
April 9, 2007, 01:07 PM
I found this site by accident,sort of, and thought I'd share.
http://www.civilwarphotos.net/files/artillery.htm
There are lots of nice crisp, clear civil war photos-not my area of expertise, but I figured some here would appreciate it even if its just for pictures of era weaponry.

If you enjoyed reading about "Civil War Artillery Photos" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MARIUS
April 9, 2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the hint. I enjoyed it.

Jim K
April 9, 2007, 03:08 PM
Note to anyone interested. 20 pdr Parrott rifle Serial No. 1 is on the town square in Hanover, PA.

Jim

ZeSpectre
April 9, 2007, 03:10 PM
Wow, that was really cool!

Outlaw Man
April 9, 2007, 03:31 PM
Cool! Thanks for the link.

Back when I did Civil War reenactments, I always looked forward to all the artillery that would be at the larger battles. It's very impressive to see all those big guns firing volleys with the huge clouds of smoke coming out. It really puts things in perspective when you're staring down the barrel (from a safe distance, of course) of one of them when they fire. I would not want to charge a battery of those with grape shot coming out.

ZeSpectre
April 9, 2007, 03:36 PM
Yeah I remember when I learned that they liked to set up near rocky ground and then fire into the hard rocks just in front of the enemy, pelting them with a shotgun blast of broken rock shards and shattered cannonball. YIKES!

Bob Lindell
April 9, 2007, 04:55 PM
Thanks for posting that link.

the lone gunman
April 9, 2007, 05:18 PM
Great Link,,Thanks !``````````+

If you enjoyed reading about "Civil War Artillery Photos" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!