637 and 638 holster interchange

PDA

Jkwas
April 9, 2007, 05:43 PM
Will the humpback work in the same thumbreak holsters that the exposed hammer spur models do? Looking at the pictures, it seems they would.
Thanks,

If you enjoyed reading about "637 and 638 holster interchange" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GunNut
April 10, 2007, 11:56 PM
I kind of doubt it, since the safety strap goes behind the hammer on the 637. The distance across the same area on the 638 is considerably farther.

But I could be wrong.

Steve

johnny blaze
April 11, 2007, 12:25 AM
It would depend on which holster you are referring to.
If the thumb break is adjustable, it should work on both.
Of course, the thumb break is useless on the hammerless models. It will retain the hammerless revolver just a little, but not enough to depend on. I find that it just gets in the way.

DB
April 11, 2007, 12:51 AM
I haven't had any luck with my humpback 649 in any of my thumb break J frame holsters. The gun wants to slide out of the thumb break, more or less with all of them, causing the gun to not be securely fastened in. I solved the problem by purchasing an open top J frame holster from Andrews Leather www.andrewsleather.com. It uses a tension hold around the gun which is adjustable with a screw. I have purchased a number of holsters from Mr. Andrews and have always been very satisfied with his high quality workmanship and functionality. I'm sure other quality manufacturers also make similar holsters for hammerless J-frames.

Iggy
April 11, 2007, 09:26 AM
http://www.bianchi-intl.com/prodimages/55L_s.jpg

Bianchi makes this one.

I have never tried one, but know an IRS enforcement agent that does.

Ala Dan
April 11, 2007, 10:08 AM
I don't think you will be able to use both weapons in a thumb-break type
holster. 'Bout the only thing you will find success with is an open top IWB,
as this holster should be compatible with both firearms. ;) :)

If you enjoyed reading about "637 and 638 holster interchange" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!