Slotted Screw Replacements for M1A Screws?

PDA

Skunkabilly
June 13, 2003, 10:29 PM
Are there slotted screws that I can put in to replace the screws on the M1A (front sight, mainly) so I don't have to take an Allen set around w/ me every time I shoot?

If you enjoyed reading about "Slotted Screw Replacements for M1A Screws?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sven
June 13, 2003, 10:48 PM
Why do you need to adjust your front sight every time you shoot? Or are you talking about your 'just in case' kit?

Andrew Wyatt
June 14, 2003, 12:18 AM
replace the rubber pad with a proper trapdoor unit. then you can have room for the proper cleaning kit that goes in there.

you shouldn't ever have to worry about the front sight screw, but if you feel so inclined, you can toss an allen wrench in the buttstock compartment too.

Skunkabilly
June 14, 2003, 02:20 AM
Why do you need to adjust your front sight every time you shoot? Or are you talking about your 'just in case' kit?

Every time I shoot it, something comes loose or needs adjusting :banghead:

Probably operator error.

Andrew Wyatt
June 14, 2003, 02:02 PM
does it NEED adjusting, or do you feel like adjusting it?

If you enjoyed reading about "Slotted Screw Replacements for M1A Screws?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!